Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Lovely RAK

Ever have one of those days when you wonder why you ever got out of bed?  Yep, yesterday was one of them for me.  I won't go into details but it was one of those days.  Then I came home from work and the day got a whole lot brighter.  Wanna know why?

 
Just look at this precious pillow Carol over at Stitching Dreams sent to me as a RAK (Random Act of Kindness).  Carol had help from another sweet friend getting it to me (I know who you are sweetness).  I love the pink tissue it was wrapped in and the card was super sweet too!  I'm still smiling.

 
Here's a closer look.  Just look at how perfectly stitched and finished it is!  I just love, love, love it!  I've always admired Carol's finishes.  I feel so honored to have one of my own now.  It's just so very me.  What a sweet thing to do! 
 
Carol knows my very favorite holiday of the whole year is Valentine's Day.  I love it more than Christmas and definitely more than my birthday.  For me the holiday isn't about sweethearts but more about showing others how much you care about them.  This sweet gift is all that to me!
 
Thank you so much dear friend!  Your thoughtfulness means the world to me.  This precious gift is so very special.  I've placed it where I'll see it everyday.  You truly made my day!
 
I've often commented to my friends and family that my blog friends are some of the nicest people.  I truly do enjoy our friendships.  There are some of you I may never meet in person and some of you I have already but every one of you are special to me.  I truly appreciate your visits, emails, and sweet things you do.
 
 
Until next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

22 comments:

Annie said...

So sweet! A RAK can really make your day, can't it? Especially a beautiful piece like that made just with you in mind. Enjoy!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a lovely piece to receive! Enjoy it, Lisa! And hope the rest of your week goes much better!

Robin in Virginia

Marilyn said...

What a pretty pillow.
Marilyn

Beth said...

What a perfectly wonderful gift.

Margaret said...

Carol is so sweet! Such a sweet RAK from her -- love it!

Jenny said...

What an absolutely beautiful little pillow! I am so glad it brightened up your day! Enjoy!

Judy said...

Happy to hear you recieved this beautiful RAK on a day you really needed a lift! I have envied Carol's cording from the first day I saw it! Glad you will get to see it everyday. Hope your week gets better. And I really hope you miss this round of snow and cold in my area right now...again!!
Judy Heartland stitcher

Shirlee said...

Tee-hee-hee : ) Carol is a sweetie for sure & it looks like she picked the perfect RAK for you : ) I have a soft spot for Valentines Day as well ... it's also my wedding anniversary : )

denise said...

how sweet!

Vickie said...

That is just perfect for you. It is so beautifully made by Carol. Hope you have a very good day today Lisa.

Peggy Lee said...

That little design is adorable and how sweet of Carol to do this for you!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful RAK from Carol! Her work is indeed beautiful and it was so thoughtful of her! You must still be smiling over it!

Carol said...

I'm so happy that I turned a bad day into a better day, Lisa! I had such a nice time stitching this little piece for you--I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Chris said...

So glad that a not great day was Cheered up by such a lovely gift from Carol. It is gorgeous!
Hugs!

Andrea said...

Carol chose a wonderful design to stitch for your RAK.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a great way to improve your day, and every day 'til Valentine's Day! Carol's finishes are always so perfect - and her friendship is even more special. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Carol is a darling and you are too! Much deserved, because you are a true sweetheart!

Stitching Noni said...

Oh, what a gorgeous surprise :o)
So good to hear that such a beautiful gift made a horrible day just that little bit better for you!

Giovanna said...

That's a lovely, thoughtful gift, no wonder it made you feel better :-) Kudos to Carol.

Karoline said...

What a gorgeous gift, no wonder it brightened your day

Chris said...

What a beautiful piece of stitching to receive and yes the finish is perfect.. a friend indeed!
Chris

Maggee said...

How great! Everyone loves a surprise present! That is a very fine stitched piece! And the finishing, as we all know, is exquisite from Carol! Enjoy it every day! Hugs!