This was the picture I had intended to post last time. When I got to roll out more fabric for the next row's boxes, I snapped this picture. I hadn't seen it all unrolled in a while. It was pretty exciting to see it actually looks like something now. I'm past the halfway point now! Yay!
Progress as of 12/31/13
Progress as of 1/18/14
This was the last check in with this one at the Stitchaway Retreat.
Progress as of 1/20/14
Here's a close up of the "O is for Owl" block! It only took a couple days to finish it up after the retreat. I was on a roll again so I kept on going and started the next block the same day.
Progress as of 2/1/14
Here's where I stand as of this past weekend. I finished the "P is for Parrot" block! Now I'm halfway though this row and soon will be ready to add the next to the last row. That is just so exciting. At times it felt like I'd be working on this forever. Then there are some days I wish I could just sit and stitch on this project all day long. Unfortunately, I have to work to support my needlework
~*~*~*~
I worked a bit on the Snooty Parrots over the weekend too after I finished up the Parrot square. Hmm...must have been a Parrot weekend. Maybe it's a sign I'm ready for warmer weather! I heard the rodent saw his shadow yesterday. Drat! Six more weeks of this nasty weather. Oh happy joy!
I hope everyone had a great weekend and got some stitching accomplished. Thanks for visiting and have a good week!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
20 comments:
Your Bestiary Hornbook is looking great! And snooty parrots...that's the buzz of the needlework world of late :)
Wow! It looks fabulous, Lisa. I think my favorite square so far is the Ape :)
Yes, more winter and more storms ahead--our week's forecast looks pretty sad. I had hoped February would bring better weather, but we just have to hunker down for six more weeks of cold, I guess...
Fantastic progress! Crazy weather! The high is 70° today and 40° tomorrow.
Your Hornbook piece is looking fabulous, Lisa. Way to go!
Robin in Virginia
Your hornbook bestiary is so amazing! Gorgeous -- you are going so fast on this one!
Great progress Lisa.
I would be more than happy to send you all of our horrible heat, as we cant seem to get a break from it here.
Great progress! I love this piece and really enjoy watching your progress on it!
Your O and P are looking fantastic. This is a beautiful project. Joyfully looking forward to more winter storms...well, not really. I am totally over winter right now..too bad winter isn't over winter! Have a good week.
Judy Heartland stitcher
It's gorgeous Lisa! I'm really loving this bestiary and all the animals!!
I love this project! Well done
It's looking great Lisa.
We're sick of Wonter here too in WI.
Marilyn
Absolutely gorgeous my friend! This will undoubtedly be a treasured heirloom in your family : )
Your needles are smoking again. I can't decide which block is my favorite because each one is just more stunning than the next.
Donna
The hornbook piece looks fab.
beautiful progress, love the owl! Hope to see you around the Snooty SAL. Mel
Very nice progress, Lisa! That's a lot of dense stitching!
Keep warm!
Wow! It just looks so amazing! I still love that blue!
So beautiful Lisa! I love the owl and parrot.
What a lovely splash of colour from the parrot - and the whole project is just gorgeous.
You will finish longtime before me... Beautiful work
Post a Comment