Most of these were my buddy, Marsha's.
See our shamrocks! I love the ric-rac on Marsha's pillow.
I love the "He is Risen" piece! My friend, Nancy did that one.
She said it's really old. I think it's really lovely!
My friend, Meem did this one. She said she had quite a time finding that hardware.
This is another one of Marsha's and I've fallen in love with it.
I watched Ms. Peggi work on this all last year! It is Just Cross Stitch's anniversary piece.
This is one by my buddy, Linda. You can't tell in the picture but the mermaid has a ruby in her belly button!
~*~*~*~
Our guild is also doing an optional Quaker challenge. We were asked to pick a Quaker chart and let the newsletter editor know our chart's name as well as fabric and floss choices. Progress updates will be published in the guild newsletter throughout this year. We've already had a few completions!
Ta da! Our very first Quaker finish! It's also by my buddy Linda. She said she started this in January and worked on it during all those snowy days we've had. It's so pretty!
This one was done by Pat A. I've contemplated this one for years! It's in my stash. Someday!
Here's the progress I've made on mine. I've completed the left side and am now working on the bottom section.
I also had a finish! I worked on this at the stitch-in and finished it up on Sunday morning. This is La D Da's Name - Tag class piece. I loved stitching that bottom section. The floss that came in the kit is called Planet Earth Silk. I really liked working with it. It didn't shred or fuzz at all. Very nice! Now I'm ready for next month's class!
~*~*~*~
Well friends, we've officially made it to spring...at least the calendar said so yesterday! So far the air is still cold and the sun is warm. I have seen green leaves poking up in my flower beds and that gives me hope. Have a good weekend everyone!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
17 comments:
So much gorgeous stitching. My favorite is the mermaid, I have that chart in my own stash.I was surprised that the water is all satin stitches. Happy first day of spring, warmer weather can't be far behind!
Loved seeing all the pieces--looks like the QCSG members are still stitching their hearts out!!!! Happy Spring!
Can't wait to see all the finished name tags. I didn't see the ruby in the belly button! I'll have to check it out more closely the next time.
Fabulous finishes! Thanks for sharing! I love them all!!
So fun seeing all the show and tell! Wow! Love your name tag! Nice start on the Quaker too.
Thanks for sharing all those lovely pictures. The Quaker pieces are soo nice.
Fabulous show and tell projects. Loved every photo. Love the JCS anniversary piece. Your name tag is beautiful Lisa and great start on your Quaker piece. Which design are you stitching? Thank you for sharing all with us. So much talent in your guild.
love Annette
Very lovely stitching from your guild members. Your name tag is really nice..will look forward to seeing how you finish it. We had a spring day yesterday...now back to below normal temps for the next seveal days. Finallt saw a couple robins...even they know not to come back! Have a nice weekend.
Judy Heartland stitcher
So many wonderful pieces. It is so nice to be able to sit with fellow stitchers and just stitch the day away :) Have a great weekend
What a fabulous way to spend the day! Thank you for sharing the show and tell pieces with us. Congratulations on getting your name tag stitched up!
Enjoy your weekend, Lisa!
Robin in Virginia
You're making good progress on your Quaker piece, and the LDD class piece is really cute. Thanks for sharing photos of your guild's wonderful work!
Lots of gorgeous pieces. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see your finished name tag.
Lots of gorgeous pieces. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see your finished name tag.
How lucky you are to belong to a guild with so many talented stitchers. The pieces you have chosen are all so lovely and varied too.
I do like the Quaker designs, especially this three little houses.
I always enjoy being able to attend your guild meetings vicariously through your posts : ) So many beautiful things to see!
Love all the finishes/pictures! Thanks for sharing the meeting with us! Lots of talented stitchers for sure! Hugs!
Oh golly! You girls have the best time :)
Lots of pretties! and must say your name tag piece...STUNNING!
Post a Comment