Progress as of 2/1/14
Progress as of 3/23/14
I had actually started working on "Q is for Quail" weekend before last and then spent some more time with it at the guild's stitch-in on Wednesday. Mostly I needed to finish the fill this past weekend. I got that done yesterday morning.
Here's the little quail close up. I think it needs the little plume feather on top of its head like the ones around here have but maybe this is a different variety.
Progress as of 3/23/14
Since I finished the quail early in the morning, I decided to keep going and got a really good start on "R is for Rabbit." If I'd have had a few more hours in the day, I probably could have finished this one up as well. I'm hopeful I can get it done in the next day or so.
Here's the weekend's progress close up. I really like that rabbit. You probably can't see it but it's a blue eyed rabbit. Once I finish the rabbit, I'm once again up to the point of needing to add another row! That means there are only two more rows to go and I'll be done! Woo hoo!!
I've been giving thought to how I want to add my name to this piece. I'd once thought about stitching the "L" & "P" in different colors for my initials but I've since come up with something I like better. Now to chart it and see if I like it. Then there's the issue of whether I'll have enough floss to actually do it if I do like it. Oh decisions, decisions. Stay tuned!
I hope you all had a productive weekend and the up coming week is good too. Thanks for stopping by today and sharing my joy!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
17 comments:
You made up for lost time! Beautiful work and great progress!
Coming along great--you're getting there!
Wow, Lisa! You are moving along on this. Love the rabbit block.
Enjoy your day!
Robin in Virginia
This sampler is a true beauty! Love your progress and like magic your more than half way done on "R". Looking forward to see what you thought for your initials.
love Annette
This is such a fun design, love the rabbit.
I am very intrigued as to how you will include your initials now.
You're really coming along on it! I love seeing the blue eyed rabbit come to life.
Oh my gosh, you are really rolling on this one! I so so need to get around to stitching this. Just lovely!! You're doing tent stitch, right? Or full cross? Well I love it!
Gorgeous progress!! I can't wait to see what you are charting :)
The finish line is in view my friend! It looks wonderful! Can't wait to see what you are going to do initial-wise : )
It's looking great!
Oh, I love your new blocks, Lisa--that bunny is going to be adorable... I'm sure you'll find a very creative way to include your name :)
O, P, Q, and R - my favorite row thus far. Love the 3 birds and the bunny. What an awesome stitch! Glad you are working on it once again.
I like the bunny too ! you are really moving along on this one. I enjoyed looking at the projects from your guilds stitch in. A Quaker challenge sounds fun. LOVE your LDD nametag. I have used Planet Earth silks before in needlepoint and I like them very much. hope your week is moving along. Mel
Great progress, it is coming along wonderfully well.
It's looking gorgeous, great progress
Love how this is progressing. Really beautiful job stitching this. I think that parrot and rabbit are my favorites so far! Hope you have a nice weekend and happy stitching!
Wonderful progress on your bestiary! The rabbit is so perfect to stitch now close to Easter!!
Post a Comment