Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Catching up...The Parrots

I'm finally getting back on track with the Snooty Parrots.  A good couple days was what it took.  I'm now back to where I should be...July's assignment.  Let's have a look at where I was last time we visited the Parrots.

Progress as of 6/22/14

This was actually May's assignment.  I had started this at the end of April and then the Hornbook stitching fest ensued.


Here is May's assignment all completed.  That stag gave me fits.  I swear I stitched that dude at least three times.  I finally got it right.  Who knows what that was all about!  I'm blaming the frogs.


June's assignment brought me to finally stitching a parrot!  I've looked forward to stitching one of the birds since starting this project but I've been patient.  I've tried to stay on task and not skip ahead.  I really love how it turned out.


Now I'm caught up and here's where I am as of last night.  I'm working on the verse.  I really like stitching letters.  I don't know what it is about letters.  They just seem to go quickly for some reason.  I'm hoping I can finish up the verse before my trip to Russellville. I know we'll have a new start on something there and don't want to feel behind again.

Well folks, that's all I've got today.  I'm still enjoying this project.  I think it's all the colors.  I love the pinks and reds in this piece. It's hard to believe we are about half way through it.  I'm hoping to get a good go on it this weekend at the guild's all day stitch-in.  A quilt history friend of mine is coming to lecture on antique sewing tools and toys.  I've heard her speak on this subject before and we are in for a treat!

Hope everyone is enjoying your summer stitching. Thanks for stopping by.  I always appreciate your visits.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

20 comments:

Margaret said...

I really do love this project! So pretty! Are you using the GAST?? Did I already ask that? Looks great!

llknbillburg said...

Fabulous progress! Mine is so far behind now it's going to take more than a few days to catch it up!! Yours is looking wonderful though and is inspiration to all of us lagging behind!! Laura

krayolakris said...

Just gorgeous! When I see your SP I wish I had signed up! Happy stitching!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your SP is looking super, Lisa! Good for you in getting caught up! I like your stag even though it gave you fits.

Robin in Virginia

Anonymous said...

beautiful sampler

Beth said...

And I have trouble getting interested in letters - alphabets especially - I count down to "M" - half way there! Glad you enjoy stitching them and I hope the frogs have gone back to their pond.

Annette-California said...

Congrats on being caught up! Gorgeous progress! LOVE LOVE that parrot:) Enjoy your upcoming getaway with the guild.
love Annette

Marilyn said...

It's looking great Lisa.
I think you are enabling me on this one. :)
Marilyn

Shirlee said...

It's looking lovely : )

Vickie said...

So pretty! Have fun!

Annie said...

Looks wonderful in all those pretty colors. And good for you with keeping up to date. So easy to get the mid-project blah's sometimes.

Maggee said...

Congrats on the great progress you have made--being caught up is a good feeling, isn't it? Hugs!

Ellen said...

Lisa, I'm looking forward to seeing your Snooty Parrots in person on Saturday. Yours looks fantastic!

I'm always amazed at how much you get accomplished.

Carol said...

That is one mighty handsome parrot there, Lisa! I can see why you looked forward to stitching him with his little crown :) Congratulations on catching up--it looks amazing!

Enjoy your stitch-in this weekend--lucky you!

dixiesamplar said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVELY, LISA!!!!

marly said...

First time I saw a parrot closeup. Super! I like him!

Judy said...

This piece is absolutely stunning!

Judy Heartland stticher

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your snooty parrot sampler is beautiful.

Hmm I would love to add this piece to my ever growing collection of samplers I want to stitch

Andrea said...

Just love the "Snooty Parrot"! Great progress.

Mamilou said...

Splendide celui-ci également !!!
Chantal ou Mamilou