Friday, August 15, 2014

BBD Pinkeep Drum...DONE!!

Ever had one of those finishes where you just need to do this tiny little thing and it would be complete but for some reason you procrastinate it?  Yep, that's me on the BBD Pinkeep Drum.  I've had the stitching completed for a while already.  I'm happy to say I finally completed it last night.

Progress as of July 20th, the last day of the Russellville Retreat.

Stitching completed July 27th.

Then I started the construction on July 27th too.

I have to say that putting this together was a lot easier than I'd anticipated it to be.  I followed the directions that came with the chart pretty closely.  The only thing I changed was I left the cardstock circle inside the drum and added a couple layers of batting between it and the linen for the top and bottom.  I didn't want the drum to pooch out.  Yes, that's a real technical term isn't it?!  I like the way the top is relatively flat now.  I also filled the bottom with about an inch or two of poly beads for weight and used fiber fill for the rest of it.


Design:  Summer in Bloom - Pinkeep Drum
Designer:  Blackbird Designs
Fabric:  28ct. Silkweaver Days Gone By
Floss:  GAST as charted
Started: 7/18/14
Finished:  7/27/14
Completed: 8/14/14

Our retreat kit came with silk ribbon to ruche along the edge but I really wanted to work with chenille again.  I really enjoyed using it last time.  I had ordered some from the LNS but got to rooting around in the stash and came across this.  I love how it matches the fabric perfectly.  I had another option that was more of a rust color but it wasn't wide enough.  This chenille came from Victorian Motto in case you are wondering.  I know not all LNS carry this stuff.

So there you have it, friends!  I'm so pleased with how this turned out.  It's the first drum finish I've attempted and it won't be the last.  I really love working with the chenille too.  It hides a multitude of stitching sins.  LOL!  I'd highly encourage you to give it a whirl if you get the chance.

I hope everyone had a good week and I hope your weekend is just a nice.  The Tiara Club is getting together for an all day stitch tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to hanging with the peeps!  Thanks for stopping by for a visit today.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

23 comments:

Maggee said...

Great drum finish! I have not attempted to do that type yet... Yours looks so good! The stitching is perfect, and I love the chenille! Hugs!

Vickie said...

Great job Lisa. :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, Lisa! I can't believe that is your first drum finish. It turned out great. I like it with the chenille.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Marsha said...

It does match perfectly!

Kathy Ellen said...

I absolutely love your beautiful Pinkeep Drum. Our LNS had it on display for a while, and the pattern kept calling my name... you have inspired me that I need to stitch it too. Beautiful finishing!

Blessings in Stitches!



Melissa said...

I love it! It looks wonderful. Well done, Lisa!

One day I will get mine out to stitch too...

Stasi said...

Another great finish!!! Love it!
Have fun at your stitch in!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Perfect job on your drum, Miss Lisa! It looks fantastic!!! I hope you'll come to a guild meeting soon - I miss you. I won't be there in September but hope to make it in October.

marly said...

Great job! Enjoy your stitchy day with friends.

Judy said...

Great job on the pinkeep drum. It is beautiful! Enjoy your stitch
day.

Judy Heartland stitcher

Mary said...

Lisa, you are on fire lately! Isn't it funny how you can go for a long stretch with no finish in sight and then all the sudden you're just racking them up? Congratulations on another beautiful one!

Marilyn said...

Sooooooooooo pretty!
Marilyn

Carol said...

Wow! What a great finish, Lisa! I'm glad to hear it wasn't as difficult as you thought it would be... It really looks fabulous :)

Lisa V said...

Great job Lisa. It turned out fantastic.

Blu said...

Great finish!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely design and it makes into a really nice drum too. The chenille is very pretty and a perfect match too.

Sally said...

I absolutely love your finish. It is so pretty.

Andrea said...

Your drum looks fab! The chenille is a perfect match, it's as if you planned it!

Pam in IL said...

It turned out awesome! Love it!

woolwoman said...

awesome job stitching and on the finishing of the pinkeep drum. I love the use of the chenille - it goes so well with the project and colors. Perfect choice my friend ! I want to attempt one of these pinkeep drums - I have a stacy nash design I will drag out and work on and see if I can get a finish so I can give your tips a try. Hope you had a good time with your stitch group and that you have a good and productive new week. Mel

Beth said...

Congrats on the drumkeep - it looks great!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finish, congratulations

MoonBeam said...

Great finish on the BBD drum. Congrats.

Bobbi