Monday, August 11, 2014

Quaker Faith - DONE!!!

I am so happy to report that my absence from the blog was because I've had my nose to the grindstone finishing up my Quaker Faith!  I made some more progress on it at the LNS first Friday stitch-in and decided I just needed to buckle down and finish it already.  So that's what I did!

Here's my progress on 7/14/14

Here's where I was Saturday around noon.


Design:  Quaker Faith
Designer:  Little by Little
Fabric: 35 ct. Jackalope
Floss: DMC as charted
Started: 1/1/14
Finished: 8/10/14
To be framed...


Here it is finished as of about 9:30 last night!  I changed the initials on the right side to reflect those of my parents and paternal grand parents.  It seemed fitting to honor them.  I left the "P" on the left to represent my honey.

A special thanks goes to Melissa over at Words and Blooms. I had entered her giveaway back in 2012 and found out on 5/8/12 that I'd won this kitted chart!  So I wouldn't have stitched this beauty if it weren't for Melissa's generosity!  Thank you so much, Melissa!!!

This finish also serves a dual purpose too.  I am now finished with my commitment for the local Queen City Sampler Guild's Quaker challenge!  Now all I have to do is get to the LNS to get her framed.

This finish kicked my week off to a great start.  I'm going to get back on the Parrots now and I've even started thinking about Christmas ornaments.  I can truthfully say that after committing myself to three BAPs this year, I'm going to try not to do that again.  I really do miss my smalls and ornaments.  Live and learn!

I hope everyone has a great week!  Summer is sadly winding down but I'm looking forward to the Shepherd's Bush Retreat in October so it's not all bad!  Have a good one and thanks for stopping by to see me today.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

24 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Congratulations!!! It looks wonderful, well done my dear.

Vickie said...

Fantastic! Good for you. :)

Stasi said...

Great job--love the colors!!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Lisa! It's a beautiful piece!

Ellen said...

Looks great, Lisa! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person at an upcoming guild function.

With your speedy fingers, you should have Snooty Parrots finished in no time at all.

carol fun said...

Love this one as I have a weakness for Quaker pieces and I like the uniqueness of this one -- beautiful work Lisa!

Shirlee said...

Gorgeous! I especially like how you personalized it : )

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful finish--always so nice to complete a project. Have you selected the next piece?

stitchersanon said...

Wonderful, a lovely finish xx

Beth said...

What a lovely Quaker.

Carol said...

Such a wonderful finish, Lisa, and I love the way you've personalized it!

Looking forward to seeing the return of the parrots :)

Enjoy your week!

Margaret said...

I love this one! Congrats on the finish -- love how you personalized it!

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations to you on your Quaker finish! It turned out great and I love how you chose to personalize it.

Robin in Virginia

Marsha said...

Looks great!

Annette-California said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!! You are on a roll with finishing large wips:) Quaker is truly gorgeous.
love Annette
ps the 2014 JCS Christmas Ornament issue should be soon.

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on this finish. Little by Little has wonderful designs.

Marilyn said...

What a pretty design.
Congrats on your finish.
Marilyn

Mary said...

Lovely! Doesn't it feel good to have another one under the belt?

Maggee said...

What a great finish! I am with you on the mistake about too many big pieces this year... But I enjoy them, so that is good! Hugs!

Ranae said...

Beautiful finish
I have to get back to my Parrott WIP as well

ricketyjo said...

Congratulations on your finish, it's really lovely :)

woolwoman said...

great job getting a finish on the Quaker piece. You really did put the head down and get it done. Can't wait to see the next Snooty update. Cheers! Mel

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on your Happy Dance. This is a great piece, looking forward to seeing it framed. I like the variety in it - the alphabet, the quaker motifs and the scene at the bottom. Lovely!

I'm behind on my reading so I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the retreat posts earlier this month. It looks like so much fun!

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous, congratulations