Saturday, February 18, 2012

Blue Ribbon Sewing Box

Design:  Blue Ribbon Sewing Box
Designer:  Patrick's Woods (Sherri Jones)
Fabric:  32 ct.
Floss:  Silk as kitted
Started:  12/29/11
Finished:   2/12/12

I finally got the Blue Ribbon Sewing Box pre-stitching done!  That's saying a lot considering I've been chasing a little fur ball around for the past three weeks.  Lets just say, my stitching time has become extremely limited these days!  I have the teeth marks on my hands from a certain someone to prove it too!  We've also had some family stuff going on again too that's kept me from stitching.

Thankfully last Sunday my honey took over the chasing and gave me the chance to get this one done.  I've waited to post about it until we had a good sunny day to take pictures.

Now all I have to do is pull some threads (which I'm a little nervous about) and cut the pieces out!  I really enjoyed this one a lot.  I love the colors.  They are just so springy!

Here's a close up of one of the pocket slips (top piece) minus the pulled threads and the top of the mattress style pincushion (bottom piece).  I really enjoyed those blue overlap stitch flowers on the pocket slips!  I can now say I'm much better at tent stitch too!

Here is a close up of the smalls.  I think I may have posted about these earlier but I couldn't resist showing them again.  My favorite piece of this whole project is that bouquet of flowers tied with that blue ribbon. I am getting so excited about finally getting to put this all together!  Soon...very soon!

***

Of course I can't resist sharing the latest picture of my alligator sweet puppy!  She's really enjoying that chicken and the raw hides gifted to her by Aunt Marsha.  Thanks again, Marsha!  Those raw hides have saved my sanity and my hands this week.  LOL!

Well, it's a quick post today since someone is napping right now!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you all have a great stitchy weekend!

Until next time (and hopefully with fingers still intact),

The Inspired Stitcher

8 comments:

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh beautifuls stitching ... I love the bird and the lovely " amour" dog !!! Have a good day my friend,

sory bad english

bisous xxxx de France

marylin

Bertie said...

It's an absolutely beautiful project. Thanks for showing us.
Your puppy is adorable.

Margaret said...

Oh wow! It's soooooo pretty! You're so lucky to be taking this class. Your little fur baby is so adorable!

Sarah said...

Lovely stitching, it looks so tiny when you see the pieces altogether!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Beautiful stitching finish, I look forward to seeing it put together. I especially love the little bird. CJ in OK ;-)

Carol said...

What an incredible project!! I've never pulled threads and would be terrified, too--good luck. I'm sure it will be wonderful :)

Hope that little puppy will nap a bit more for you so you can get some more stitching time :) He sure is darling!

Marsha said...

Shelby is growing! Glad you have some sanity back. Rawhides and toys have saved mine. Can't wait to see the finished results. It's so pretty and delicate.

Jenny said...

Nice stitching! I bet it feels good to have them all done! LOL
I' not far behind, but I'm like you, not too much time to stitch here lately. I really enjoy it though, so it's all right!

Shelby is soooo cute! (Even though I can clearly see an alligator peaking out from those innocent looking eyes...)