Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hornbook Bestiary Progress

Since last weekend was extra long, I took the opportunity to get some progress made on the Hornbook Bestiary.  I wanted to log some more time with my new Lokscroll Frame.
 
Progress as of 5/18/13
 
 
Progress as of 7/5/13

I still think it's going to take a couple more blocks for me to feel really comfortable with the frame.  I want to talk to a couple of the guild girls about theirs.  I'm not sure I'm getting the tension just right on it.  I did realize I prefer the heavier end on the left side rather than the right so I did learn something new.  It's all about the learning curve and getting comfortable with it.

 
Here's a close up of the block I stitched this round.  Isn't it appropriate I stitched the "E is for Eagle" block on the 4th of July holiday weekend? I thought so too!  Love when serendipitous things happen like that.
 
My honey says the eagle looks like a parrot.  I think it is a rather goofy eagle but it's kinda cute too in a quirky sort of way.  LOL!  I started "F is for Fox" last night and can't wait to finish it up tonight.  Stay tuned for that.
 
Well folks, it's a quickie update post today.  I hope things are moving forward in your stitchy world too.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a great rest of the week!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

14 comments:

Carol said...

This piece is just stunning, Lisa--so much detail and all those teeny-tiny stitches! I love watching it grow :)

Judy said...

Nice stitching--the colors pop! The eagle does look a bit quirky--but what else would fit in that square? Your secret stitcher gift is super! It is looking like I will not make it out there for the sampler show. The time is flying by too quickly. Have a good week.

Judy heartland stitcher

Margaret said...

I am so in love with this one! I so want to stitch it too!! Great progress!

Marilyn said...

Great progress, you've gotten a lot done.
Marilyn

Bertie said...

A gorgeous piece, must be a pleasure to stitch:))

Annie said...

Love this!
You are stitching so beautifully as always and I can see how fun it is to stitch with the different animals.
Kudos to you, for stitching this work- intense piece, I know it is hard work.
Hope you get more comfortable with your new frame also.
Thanks for sharing these lovely photos, many warm hugs from
Anette and Skruttan

Shirlee said...

It's coming along beautifully Lisa!

Ellen said...

Wow, you're making great progress, Lisa. Hopefully I can soon see your work in person.

Anne said...

Stunning progress Lisa! Love the bestiary hornbook sampler!!

Giovanna said...

It's so beautiful - it almost looks like a painting :-) Great progress. Have a nice weekend.

Andrea said...

Wonderful progress.

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous, great progress

Annette-California said...

Wow its really coming along. Congrats on finishing another block and all those tiny stitches. It's looking so beautiful. Hope you do get comfortable with your new frame. love Annette

Shebafudge said...

It's looking great so far :)