Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Saturday Stitch-in

Saturday our guild had an all day stitch-in.  It was a really nice day to get together and stitch.  We had a "themed" show and tell.  This month it was patriotic.  Here are some of the wonderful things that were shared.

I love the banner in the upper right corner.  So true!

I love the ornament with the verse on it.  One of our members took a passage from the Declaration of Independence and charted it for the back of her Prairie Schooler "July" ornament.  Love that!


The two on the right are Blackbird Designs pieces and were stitched by my buddy Patti.  The two unfinished pieces were made by my friend Nancy (waves to her, I know she reads the blog).

 This one was made by my buddy, Linda.  This sampler has logged some road miles.  She brought it with her when we went to West Virginia!


The these were made by my friend, Christie.  She's a really big fan of patriotic designs.  Aren't they all so cool?!



I just had to show you a close up of this one.  Christie worked this one silk gauze!  It's stunning in person.  I really need to find this chart and stitch it for myself.  Sadly, I doubt it will be on gauze.  LOL!

 
I didn't catch who made these two but I really like them.  I need to check the stash, I think I might have the top one.  Hmm....

 
The three on the left are mine and if you've poked around in the archives you've seen them already.  The three on the left are my friend, Paula's.  Very pretty!

 
These two were made by my friend, Pam.  I'm sure they will be framed/finished the next time we see them.  She's really good about getting things completed.


This one was made by one of our newer members, Tiffany.  She's not been stitching on linen very long and she said she completed this on the holiday!  I like the floss she chose to use.  Very appropriate for the holiday.

 
I just had to share this picture.  The top one is mine and the bottom one is Diane's.  We used different fabric counts.  I love how the size difference is really noticeable when they are side by side.
 
~*~*~*~


Here are six of the nine "Foster brothers" that were present at the meeting.  It was so fun to see them all together.  Especially since we are so far along on the project now. 

Done by LK.

Done by PW.

Done by CM.

 Mine
 
Done by MK.

Done by PF.
 
It's really been fun to work with a group of people on this sampler.  I loved seeing the different thread counts and color choices!  Our group even inspired the guild to possibly do a guild stitch-a-long next year.  I hope we do it will be so fun!
 
Next time I'll show you the kit I picked up from the guild's "free to a good home" table.  I started it when I got home from the stitch-in and finished it up the next day.  It was fun to do a quickie project after working on my perpetual projects for so long.  Stay tuned!
 
Hope your weekend was good too!
 
More next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

11 comments:

Vickie said...

I am really impressed with the silk gauze!

Marilyn said...

Great Patriotic projects.
Thanks for sharng.
Great progess also on the Fosters.
Marilyn

Margaret said...

Wow! So much eye candy! Fantastic! I especially love all the John Fosters. :D

Maggee said...

Oh such a bounty of beauties! And you ARE really putting me to shame about my John Foster non-start! I will get it started this year, maybe in September. I have some smalls to finish for Myrtle Beach and my LHN September piece, THEN...it looks clear for a new start!! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like such fun! Hugs!

Giovanna said...

Beautiful stitching by everyone - well done, ladies!

Carol said...

OH, what a great bunch of patriotic stitching your group has done, Lisa!! I love them all :)

And what fun to see all the samplers there together--everyone is doing a great job!

Karoline said...

Fantastic stitching by everyone, lovely to see all those projects together

brod'attitude said...

I love your patriotic stiched.May be I will try with french flag....

woolwoman said...

so fun to see all your friends patriotic stitching and the Johns were wonderful too. love your new blog face - very summery - Melody

Mouse said...

wow beautiful stitching on the silk gauze and gorgeous pieces that you all stitched on too ... sounds like you had a fab time ...:)
the stitch along sounds a good idea as well .... love mouse xxxxxx

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing your stitch-in. Loved all the patriotic stitching. And WOW all those John Forsters..very lovey. Hope your staying cool! Very warm here.

Judy heartland stitcher