I've always wanted to take class with Jackie! I had the opportunity to take class through our guild but the class didn't make enrollment. Bummer! About the time that class canceled this opportunity came up. I took it as a sign that it was meant to be. Although I won't get to meet Jackie in person, I'm enjoying the online format so far. I really think we'd get into some fun trouble if we ever got to meet.
(click on online classes to the left)
This is what it will look like when it's done. Can you see why I just had to take this class?! Yep, 42 awesome acorns are worked into this piece. Plus, it's an etui and it has a place to keep your special buttons. Both things that make my heart sing. There will even be acorn scrims that will come later. Swoon!
Here's where I stand as of lunch today. I've actually started on the queen stitched acorn caps. I managed to get one done before I had to go back to work. I think I'm going to love this! I don't mind queens but I know some folks will avoid them at all costs. LOL! They are going to be so cool!
So that's what's been occupying my time this past week and kept me from posting. Sometimes I need to spend my time stitching and not posting on the blog. This is one of those times. I want to keep up with the class. I enjoy knowing there are 100+ others out there stitching this same piece with me.
Speaking of stitching along, I'm doing a mini stitch-a-long with a blogging sister in between stitching on this. We started last Friday. I'll post more about that another time. It was a fun weekend spent stitching. Hope yours was good too. Better get back to those acorn caps!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
14 comments:
What a beautiful piece. Queen stitch? I love looking at them but that's as far as I go!
Oh lucky you!!!!! I wanted to sign up for this, but I had to resist the temptation. I will enjoy seeing yours come to life!!
What a beautiful project--and looks like it was designed with you in mind. I will anxiously await your finished product. It looks like alot of tedious finishing. Enjoy?
Judy heartland stitcher
What a beautiful project! I can't wait to see it, all finished!!'
Lovely project!
That looks like a fun project.
Marilyn
Wow! What a wonderful class piece. I am looking forward to seeing your progress :)
I'm working on my first 2 SNS classes, one with Jane Ellen Balzuweit and one with Sherri Jones and am enjoying. Plan to do MORE!!
Love your project and can't wait to see at QCSG. Ann
What a lovely project! You sure get to do some fun things : )
It's going to be stunning - nice start.
That is going to be one gorgeous piece, Lisa! I've never done a queen stitch--not even exactly sure what one looks like :)
Beautiful project with SNS - I was tempted but needed to stay on course with my summer plans. Enjoy! Melody
Nice start, it's a lovely project.
I was very tempted by this class, but had to pass this time
WOW! What a beautiful project and how cool that you are taking the class online. Already you have gotten a lot done. Have fun!
love Annette
Post a Comment