Friday, November 22, 2013

Hornbook Bestiary...more progress!

As I mentioned in my last post, I had another mini-finish at the retreat!  I'm so pleased with this one.  This square is one I've been itching to finish.  Let's have a look!

Progress as of 11/12/13


Progress as of 11/16/13

I started the outline for the Mermaid on the 12th.  I began the fill-in on Saturday afternoon after we came back from the stitch shop and ate lunch.  Around 11:00pm, I put the last stitch in it!  It was a good thing because I was starting to get bleary eyed but I was determined to finish it up before bed.


I'm just so thrilled with this block.  It was one of the ones that drew me to this sampler.  Isn't she pretty?!

Now there's only one more block in this row left to stitch.  It's a very special block. It's the "N is for Nightingale" block and I like to think of it as Nicola's block.  After all, she is the reason I'm stitching this sampler.  If it weren't for her Scarlet Letter Year, I wouldn't have even gone looking in Marsha's catalog!

So this next block is dedicated to Nicola!  I hope you enjoy seeing it when I'm done, my friend.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing my mini-finish!  More to come...hopefully soon!  Have a great weekend.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

15 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on getting the M block finished! Good for you, Lisa!

Have a fabulous weekend! Stay warm!

Robin in Virginia

Stasi said...

This really is a striking piece!

Margaret said...

Fantastic! I'm loving your hornbook bestiary so much!

Marsha said...

You're on a roll. Love them both but that mermaid is beautiful.

Marilyn said...

Great progress.
Only 1 more square to go!
It's looking fantastic.
Marilyn

Chris said...

Gorgeous progress! I love the mermaid.

Kevin said...

LOVE this! Beautiful stitching. In fact, I was so inspired by this that I just ordered it for myself from Scarlet Letter!! Are you going to display yours on an actual wooden hornbook when you're finished? I'd love to do that, if I can figure out where to get one - lol!

Beth said...

M = half way through the alphabet! Well done!

ricketyjo said...

It's looking really great!

Carol said...

Oh, she is beautiful!! Is the whole thing done in tent stitch, Lisa? And what fabric are you using. I truly love this piece!!

Giovanna said...

It's coming along wonderfully - so beautiful!

Andrea said...

Wonderful progress, it's going to look glorious when it's complete.

SandraRee said...

I bet you were getting bleary eyed! Love it, so pretty.

Karoline said...

Great progress, those blocks are gorgeous

Shirlee said...

Great progress! I am very much enjoying watching this sampler come together! It's going to be amazing when it's finished : )