Our first destination was downtown Troy, Ohio. We could have easily spent more time here. The downtown area has a bunch of unique little shops and I love the roundabout in the center of town seen above. We don't have many of these here in the states.
We got to town a little early so we decided to eat breakfast in this darling 50's diner. Yep, a real diner!! This place was full of regulars and the food was amazing. We got lots of tips from the locals about where to go and what to check out. If you are ever here, definitely stop in for a bite.
This is what actually brought us to Troy. In The Patch Designs' new home! They used to be in Piqua but moved here about six months ago. What a charming store!
I just loved this quilt hanging in the center room. Look at all the juicy wool on the mantle! They specialize in hand dyed wools and will be launching hand dyed wool floss soon too!
We had a great visit with the owner, Phyllis. She told us she dyes all the wool in house, as in literally in the house. Check out her dye kitchen! See those four pots on the stove, she was dying fabric as we were visiting! I want this kitchen. Oh my, how pretty! Now that's my kind of "work space."
I couldn't resist taking these pretties home with me. The large piece may end up being part of my La D Da name tag and the "Curlers" are a new product Phyllis just launched. I loved the sweet spring colors. I have no idea what I'll do with them. I just had to have them.
Our next stop was a new-to-me cross stitch shop called The Craft Gallery. They've actually been in business for 30+ years. They too have recently changed locations. I was so excited to be there and get shopping that I forgot to take any pictures inside. The owners obviously have a passion for what they do and welcomed us like we were family. That kind of customer service is rare these days!
Here's what jumped into my hands at this stop. I've been looking for that Rovaris kit for a while now and was so thrilled to find one there. They actually had two so if you are looking for one they might still have it. The floss is what I'll stitch on the Rovaris kit. I picked up the two Little by Little charts to go with my current Quaker stitch. The Praiseworthy Stitches kit was one I wanted from the spring Market.
I started it in the hotel later that night and finished it in the car on the way home the next day. I should have put something in there for size reference. This thing is tiny! Those squares are about two inches square. Now I just have to do the beading. Maybe this weekend.
Our last stop was at Jeffrey's Antiques just off the highway near Findlay. To say this place is huge is an understatement! We only got through the south wing before we closed the place down. I practiced restrain in there. I only came away with two carnival glass buttons (the ones on the cards). I picked up the mother of pearl star at the Craft Gallery. I'm powerless to resist a pretty button. There were plenty of other things that tempted me, that's for sure. I picked up another special treasure in there but you'll have to wait till tomorrow to see it.
After closing down the antique store, we ventured up the road a bit for dinner and then on to the hotel for the night. We had a big day in store for us on Sunday! I'll tell you more about that tomorrow as this post has gotten long today.
I hope everyone is having a good week so far. Happy camel day to all! Thanks for stopping by today.
More next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
9 comments:
Awesome road trip!
What a wonderful start to your road trip weekend, Lisa! Looking forward to seeing your snowman fob finish and hearing about the rest of your weekend.
Robin in Virginia
This sounds like a super road trip. I cannot find wool in my area, so I would really love that store. Looking forward to the rest of your trip.
Judy Heartland stitcher
I love a good road trip! Fantastic! What fun! Love your purchases!
That looks like a great road trip!
Thanks for the tour.
Marilyn
What a great road trip. I love that you found a cool diner.
What lovely stores too, I love the wool and your new stitching stash.
The carnival glass buttons are amazing, what do you use them for? or do you just have a collection?
I am looking forward to the rest of the trip!
Antiques, wools, stitching--sounds like a perfect road trip, Lisa :) Old diners are wonderful, aren't they? I used to work at one in my home town and fondly remember all the locals who came by :)
Enjoy your new goodies--I agree, that wool was too pretty to pass up even if you aren't sure what you'll use it for!
You always seem to take such great road trips & this one is no exception : ) Love the goodies you bought & of course I'm wishing I could visit those shops one of these days. The buttons are very pretty! I used to be a button collector many, many years ago & had hundreds of them sewn on cards. I had one of my cases of "temporary insanity" at one point & sold the whole shebang. Of course I have misgivings about that now : )
Another great tour guide... can't wait to get to your next blogpost! I am behind, cause I was sick, but hoping to catch up this weekend. Thanks for sharing! Hugs!
Post a Comment