One of my favorite parts of a guild meeting is always the Show and Tell. There was so much to see this time that they had to go get another table to display it all.
Here are three pinkeep drums from Saturday's class already completed! How about those turbo stitchers?!
I just about went nuts when I saw this one being shown. This is the sampler that caused such a stir on Facebook recently. It's called Speak to the Earth by Sandy Orton. It's owner told us because of the power of the internet and the huge demand, it will be reprinted by Donna Kooler Designs soon! Keep a "heads up" for this one. It's amazing in person!
Since we were hosting Lori Markovic from La D Da, several folks brought their stitched and finished pieces to share. What a treat!
I see Margaret Cottam up there! She's on my "to stitch someday" list.
Here are some other charming pieces. What's that tiny white circle there?
It's the treasure I alluded to yesterday. I found this tiny child's teacup with a parrot handle at the antiques store. The minute I spotted it I knew exactly who would love it. It had Terri's name all over it. She's coordinating the Snooty Parrots SAL that I'm stitching. Isn't it just too cute?! I couldn't pass it up.
Here we are together with Terri holding the cup. See how tiny it is! It's always fun to meet another blogger in person. Terri and I always have the best visits when we get to see each other. I really wish we lived closer. We could get into so much trouble together.
Here's Lori's trunk show display without Terri and I in front of it. Just look at all that wonderfulness. Everything is so pretty.
I couldn't resist the Spring Hare. I've seen several folks stitch it and it's so cute in person.
Here's my almost finished name tag. Lori gave us all a handful of these tiny binder clips to use instead of pins. I have to say, these things are great! You need to get yourself some. All I need to do now is some hand sewing. Although, I'm still thinking I might swap out the wool I bought for the backing. We'll see how ambitious I get. LOL!
Well folks, there you have it. My weekend adventure was so much fun! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. My travel companions made it even more special and fun. We had a blast! I love getting together with my northern stitching sisters too. I'm looking forward to seeing them next month for the guild auction. Terri has details over at her blog.
Thanks for visiting and leaving me such sweet comments. I'm glad you enjoy my ramblings. Have a great weekend everyone!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
19 comments:
What a great use for those mini binder clips! Your name tag looks super, Lisa! What a wonderful weekend for you!
Robin in Virginia
This looks like an amazing weekend, there are so many beautiful works of art on display.
Love the tiny teacup, it's perfect for the SAL.
I also like the La D Da Bunny, I saw him stitched up recently and he looked great.
BTW in England we call those little clips "bulldog clips" because they grip with the same strength as a bulldog!!
Fantastic! Looks like such fun! Your name tag looks wonderful! Love seeing all the pretties -- and the teacup for Terri -- marvelous! I hope you mention when that sampler comes out -- I'm not on Facebook much so might miss it. It's so pretty!
Lots of wonderful stitching. I've recently switched to Wonder Clips and have mini binder clips too. Can't beat them for hand sewing. Love those drums!
Wow..such beautiful stitching. And how does one complete a drum in one night? I would still be trying to piece it together! Your name tag is lovely. It really looks like you had a fantastic time. Thanks for sharing. Happy Easter.
Judy Heartland stitcher
sighhhh more mopping up off the key board ...lol
gorgeous pieces on display .. love those wee drums ... excellent use of those bull dog clips and love your wee name tag ...
told Terri that cup was even tooo small for a drop of tea for a mouse heheheh soooo cute :) love mouse xxxxx
What great projects everyone displayed.
Your name tag turned out nice, what a great idea with the clips.
Cute, cute tiny tea cup!
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Marilyn
Be still my heart ... I must stitch that sampler! No, really! I have to stitch that! I absolutely love it : ) Love seeing the show & tell. Terri posted a photo of the two of you in her blog post, which I'm sure you know, & I think the two of you are a perfect fit for each other! I also like the photo of you & Lori. Your name tag looks wonderful! I have my kit in my stash with the anticipation that one day I might need one : ) Great post! Have a wonderful Easter!
Thanks for sharing, looks like you had a fantastic time!
Having stitching friends to get together with is truly a blessing! I have yet to find anyone where I live....
Happy Easter!
oH wow this looks like a fun weekend. All the stores along your trip looked like alot of fun too.
There are some beautiful stitched peices there, thanks for sharing such fun pictures :)I am headed up to Ohio in May but will have my DH with I doubt he would want to take a detore to a XS store LOL
What a lovely post, Lisa--so many beautiful pieces you saw! And that parrot teacup is so sweet--you were so very thoughtful to give it to Terri. I know she'll treasure it :)
Wishing you a lovely Easter weekend!
Lisa, it was a pleaure meeting you at the guild meeting last Sunday! Love your blog...so much to see and read about!
How lucky for all of you to get together and share your stitching. I love all of the pieces shown and that sampler IS amazing. I adore that photo of you and Terri with the teeny parrot tea cup! How perfect is that?!! Great stitching too!!
Lisa, you always do such a lovely job of recapping these retreat type of weekends! What a treat to see all the goodies. Such a cute little teacup you got for Terri!
What a wonderful weekend.
Have a good Easter.
the nametag pocket is adorable ! Sounds like you had a great time meandering along and shopping and eating - two of my favorite things to do. Loved hearing all about your trip. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend - Mel
Love the nametag! Great job! And using the clips... cool! I have not thought of that before. Hair clips for holding extra fabric on a qSnap, but not in finishing... hmmmm...Again, thanks for sharing with us--it was a fun trip!
I really enjoyed all your photographs. It looks like you had a wonderful time!
What a wonderful guild event! Your name tag looks amazing Lisa!!
Post a Comment