Monday, October 17, 2011

Acorn Tin Topper Finish!


Design:  “November - Antique Acorns” tin topper
Designer:  Samplers and Such
Fabric:  28ct. Lambswool
Floss:  WDW, GA and DMC as charted
Started:  11/5/10
Finished:  11/9/10
Completed:  10/16/11

This weekend I was in a finishing mood.  So I decided to run with it.  As you can tell from the dates, this has been in the box awaiting attention for nearly a year!  I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.

As my peeps will tell you, I love acorns.  The minute I saw this one I had to have it and stitched it up right away.  Unfortunately I didn't finish it right away as Christmas ornaments gained priority last year.  Speaking of, I really ought to get to thinking about them now and start earlier this year.  We'll see how that goes.

Thank you all for the comments on my last post.  I got a kick out of reading them.  Welcome to the newcomers.  I hope you find inspiration here.  Hope everyone had a good weekend! 

More later,

The Inspired Stitcher

16 comments:

BeckySC said...

A BEEutiful finish. I am an acorn lover too. You did an amazing job! Congratulations.
TFS :)

Lisa S said...

Great finish g/f!! I like how the color on the tin (I know it was a wintergreen tin because of the color LOL) frames the piece. The color is perfect!

Hugs

staci said...

Your finishes are superb! Congrats on your beauties :)

Anonymous said...

A beautiful finished set :) Superior!

Margaret said...

Oh my! Absolutely Wonderful!!!!!! Wow!

Carol said...

What a darling set, Lynn!! Beautifully stitched and finished :)

Mouse said...

ohhh that is sooo cute :) love he acorns .. have just packed my tins away as doing my room out but must find a pattern for them now :) thanks for the enabling ..lol :) love mouse xxxx

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

oh I love it - beautifully finished. And the perfect autumnal (fallish?) set. You really do the most beautiful finishing x

ROSELLA69 said...

Davvero bellissimo saro' banale,ma complimenti ciao.

Unknown said...

Congrats for the gorgeous finish! Acorns are pretty. :)

Laura said...

love, love, love your acorn piece!!!! Beautiful finishing job! What is about acorns that we all love? They are just so darling!

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finish! Better late than never:))

Ranae said...

The acorn tin and FOB set turned out beautiful, love the colors, blue and brown

Anne said...

Love the acorn designs and how you finished both the tin and the fob! So beautiful!!

Bertie said...

Acorns are my favorites, a lovely finish, cute little fob too:)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

A beautiful tin top & a very nice pattern :)