Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween and a finish!


Design:  Oct 31st
Designer: Glory Bee from JCS Sept/Oct 2009
Fabric: 28 ct. Lambswool
Floss: DMC as charted
Started: 10/21/11
Finished:  10/23/11
Completed:  10/25/11

Since I know Lisa S. has received this I wanted to post it here so you can see it.  Today is Lisa's birthday!  She has a special Halloween birthday.  How cool is that?!

I put a butterfly pin on the back since I know Lisa loves butterflies.  I also enclosed a couple bright red maple leaves I picked up in the yard since she commented earlier that she doesn't get to "see fall" like we do up north.  I figured I'd share a little bit of my fall with her on her special day.  Pop on over and leave her some birthday wishes.

I "met" Lisa last year during BeckySC's Pumpkin Challenge.  She had stitched the incredibly cute BOAF freebie called Halloween Costume and I fell in love with it.  She shared her copy of the freebie chart with me and we've emailed back and forth ever since.  Along the way we've discovered several "Lisa things" and shared numerous giggles as a result.  She's a kindred spirit for sure.

Happy birthday girlfriend! I hope you are rightly spoiled today!!! 

***

Now for something completely different....

Our office has a tradition of dressing up for Halloween.  We go all out.  We even parade to the other floors "Trick or Treating" but mainly just to show off our costumes.  This year two of the main people who really get into it weren't at work today so I carried on the tradition with the two other folks that did dress up. 

The real Hamburgler


Me as Hamburgler

Yep, I see a resemblance here!  Needless to say, we had a ball and made lots of people smile today.

***

I hope you have a Happy Halloween wherever you are and remember, there's a little kid in all of us!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher aka The Hamburgler (just for today)!

7 comments:

BeckySC said...

You look just like the hamburgler :) :) :)
Your gift for Lisa is great!
((hugs))

Ranae said...

Hi!
Lovely gift to Lisa
I was just over there and found a new to me blog
Happy and safe Halloween

Jenny said...

I say it again - the cutest Hamburgler ever!
The little ornie for Lisa'S birthday is also a real cutie! I bet she was thrilled when she got it.

Mouse said...

heheheh love your costume ... I went as a witch photos are on my blog too ..lol :) love mouse xxx

staci said...

That is a really sweet gift for Lisa.

Your costume is awesome!!!

Siobhán said...

What a nice gift for Lisa!

The Hamburgler--too cute!!

Lisa S said...

I am so behind on my blog reading!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE (yes I am yelling lol) the birthday gift you sent me!! I love the leaves too! I have them hanging near my desk :) I still have your gift displayed in my living room :) Did I say I LOVE it???
I cannot Thank You enough for such a wonderful surprise. You really made my day a little extra special :)

Love your costume!!! Glad you had a lot of fun on Halloween! You are so right that you never loose the little kid inside you :) I know mine is still here lol

HUGS