Design: A La Belle Etoile
Designer: C Mon Monde
Fabric: 32ct Cobblestone
Floss: DMC as charted
Week 2 Started: 10/31/11
Week 2 Finished: 11/05/11
Here's my progress on The Thread Basket SAL. My goodness my needle has got to be smokin' right now. I seriously have some flat-butt-syndrome going on too. I spent a good four hours this afternoon and another two after dinner working on this one. I've been stitching on this one all week in the evenings as well. I am relieved I got it done in time for Monday!
Between the SAL and ornament stitching, I haven't had much time to do much blogging this week. I guess it's a trade off...either blog or stitch! Since I'm on a deadline with this SAL, you all know what I've been doing this week! I even skipped the guild stitch-in today so I could have a long uninterrupted go at it. It paid off thank goodness.
I've also been stitching on an ornament on my lunch hours this week too. I am hoping to get it finished now that I'm caught up with the SAL stitching. We'll see how it goes. Maybe the time change tonight will help too. I am hopeful!
***
Last night was the monthly stitch-in at my LNS. It's always a fun time and of course you have to do a little stash enhancement while you're there hanging with the peeps!
I picked up some floss for the ornament I hope to kit up and start tomorrow. I also picked up the latest issue of SANQ. I really ought to just subscribe. Maybe I'll add that to my Christmas list.
I'm such a fan of Prairie Schooler charts too. I don't care if they are golden oldies or brand new ones. There's just something about them. So of course when I saw these two minis I had to have them. I also got lucky and found this old Designer Series chart in the free box. Love that!
Our LNS has a couple of "free to a good home" boxes in the floss room. They put charts there that folks are done with and want to pass along to other stitchers. I always have to peruse the boxes whenever I'm there. You just never know what gem might be hiding in there. I got lucky this time.
***
Well, that's a quick report from this end. As you can see, I've been busy stitching like a crazy woman. It's all good! As always thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a note. I think I need a cheering squad right about now. LOL!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
9 comments:
Very pretty progress...I love the snowflakes and vine border :)
Enjoy your wonderful new stash!
Oh, this piece is looking gorgeous! WOW!
YAY new stash :)
Have a Happy Sunday dear friend :)
oooo its looking fab :) smoking needles for definite :) and love your flat butt syndrome hahahah... way to go on the finds too :) love mouse xxxx
I love it so far! It's worth all the effort!
Wonderful progress so far! And what a find in the free box--free Prairie Schoolers--lucky you :)
Very good work on staying on task with your Threadbasket SAL!! That looks like it is going to be gorgeous!! The colors are so pretty too!
A free to a good home basket sounds so fun!!! We do that when we get together sometimes and it is like Christmas morning!!!
Have a good Sunday!
Beautiful progress! It looks great!
I love PS, too. I have a problem with them, though. I stitch them as gifts and then love them so much that I can't give the ornaments away! LOL
Have a great week!
I love the fabric you picked for your SAL - it really makes those beautiful snow-flakes pop!
Nice find in the free box too! :-)
It looks great! Your getting there my friend!
Great stash enhancement! It is nice that your LNS has that "free" box!
Hugs
Post a Comment