Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ornaments

Design: Christmas Tree
Designer:  Prairie Schooler (mini card)
Fabric:  28 ct Natural Light Jobelan
Floss:  DMC as charted
Started: 11/1/11
Finished: 11/6/11

Finally some progress on my ornament stitching!  This is what I've been hauling around in my stitch bag for my lunch hour stitching.  Normally this would not have taken that much time to stitch but when you only have 45 minutes or so to stitch (you got to eat for at least 15 minutes of that hour dontcha know) it tends to stretch on.  I just love stitching Prairie Schooler charts.

Now I just have to decide what finish to do.  Part of me thinks a stuffed finish and the other part thinks I should use some mat board and do a flat finish.  What do you all think?

***

Design:  Festive Redbird
Designer: Homespun Elegance
Fabric:  36ct. random scrap
Floss:  Crescent Colors, WDW and DMC as charted
Started:  11/6/11
Finished:  11/7/11

Since I got my "homework" done on Saturday night I treated myself to a new start on Sunday.  I knew this one would be a quick stitch.  It's been on my "to stitch" list for a while now and I'm so happy I finally got to stitch it.  This one is going to be hard to give away.  I really love it!  I know how I'll finish this one already.  I just need some time to work on it.  Maybe I'll see about that tonight.

Even though these are not finish finished, I wanted to share them anyway.  I actually feel like I'm making progress on my ornament list now.  It's a good feeling.

I'm also participating in Becky Bee's Christmas Ornament Challenge 2011.  The challenge will run from November 1, 2011 thru December 31, 2011.  The goal is to stitch Christmas ornaments in November and December and share them on the Blog set up by Becky Bee.  There will be a Gift Certificate sent to the winner of the challenge sometime in January. Pop over and check out all the goodness folks have posted so far.  It's really inspiring! 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Also, thanks for cheering me on.  This time of year things start feeling stressful when you stop to think about how fast time flies.  LOL!

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

12 comments:

staci said...

Very sweet ornament finishes! I'm sure whatever you choose will be lovely :)

Margaret said...

I love them both! I'm not good at finishing but I know you'll pick the perfect way to go!

Cathy B said...

Nice ornaments! I like flat finishes but I think you have to decide whatever is best suited to the ornament!

ROSELLA69 said...

BELLISSIMO L'ALBERO NATALIZIO,E TUTTO QUELLO CHE FAI CIAO.IL MIO BLOG E'WWW.RICAMARESOGNANDO.COM SE TI PUO' INTERESSARE,CIAO

Mouse said...

oooo well done on both the finishes :) oooo a flat finish would look nice but I'd probably do a stuffed finish with beads and some ribbon for the tree :)
love mouse xxx

Laura said...

Beautiful ornaments!!!!!! And I love going over to the Christmas Ornament Challenge blog to see everything....when you post these there will be lots of ewwws and ahhhs!

Carol said...

Two of my favorite designers: PS and HE!! Love both of your finishes--I'm sure however you choose to finish them, they'll be lovely :)

Edgar said...

What super finishes!!

Unknown said...

Both pieces are beautiful, congrats! I vote for a flat finish for the Prairie Schooler ornament.

geeky Heather said...

Ooo, I really love that heart ornament. The colors are just divine! I vote for...which ever finish you have fewer of right now. =) (Honestly, though, with that straight xs border, I'd go with flat myself.)

Lisa S said...

Love both of the ornaments you have stitched! I'm partial to stuffed with beads around the edge but flat finish would work too! You could still do beads around the edge lol
I know I am no help! :)
I haven't started on ornaments yet but will soon.

Hugs

Jenny said...

Those are so pretty! I love PS, but I am even more in love with how the HE ornies look! Wonderful - can't wait to see some of them in person soon!