So without further ado, we have the "before:"
Yes, Mr. Destructo has already gotten started in this picture.
Here we have "during destruction." I was going to post a picture of the back of Mr. Destructo at work but I didn't think he'd appreciate that. Love ya honey, mean it!
Ta-da! Completed project! Just in time to beat the weekend rain.
Seriously, when we took out the old door there were just a few rusty nails holding it in place. No wonder the foyer was always cold! I can't believe what a difference the new door makes. That added window really lets in a lot more light than I thought it would too!
While we were working, look who came by to check us out! This red dragonfly stayed on the bricks next to the door for a good long while warming itself no doubt. I think it is a sign of good luck. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
***
I know most of you didn't stop by to hear me blather on about home improvement. I actually did get some ornaments done. Yep, I got three more ornaments completed as in ready to give away done!
Unfortunately, I can't show them to you yet. There are too many folks who belong to both the guild and Tiara Club that read the blog and I don't want to ruin the surprise for them.
You'll have to come back another day to see them. Be sure, I will post them! I didn't put all that work into them not to show them off eventually dontcha know!
***
Well that's the update from my world. I hope things in yours are good too. It was hard jumping back into the routine today after five days off. I could get used to staying home. Oh well, I have to work to pay for my stitching addiction!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
9 comments:
What a pretty new door! We were in home improvement mode this weekend, too. I look forward to getting back to "normal". : )
I love home improvement stories. Your new door looks beautiful. Nice work!
Great job on the new door! I would love a new door because our hallway is so dark. Someday, hopefully! I'm bringing my husband around in the argument for it. ;)
BTW, I come to your blog to read about whatever you decide to post about. It's your blog, do with it as you wish!
Good for you all to get that door replaced. Nice to have the extra light coming in and it looks great too! I totally understand about secret stitching. I've been doing some of that too!
Nice new door! I enjoyed five days off too; it was difficult going back to work yesterday!
Can't wait to see your secret stitching!
Great new door!! And the fact that you gained light in your foyer is wonderful...
Looking forward to seeing what you're stitching very soon :)
Love your new door!
I live with "Bob Vila" here and whenever he gets a bee in his bonnet he is doing something lol I don't even ask what he is doing because he always comes up with something wonderful ;)
We had a small closet in our kitchen which was kind of a waste as I have a large pantry. So Ken {aka Bob Vila lol) decides he is going to make it more useful and turns the thing into a place where I can hang my fry pans, store the lids and pots & keep my spices! Works for me :)
Looking forward to seeing your stitched pieces! Are there any beads involved?? LOL
The door looks great!!
Hmmm, I'm reading Lisa S's comment and wondering if I can borrow Bob Vila there for a week or two!! =)
ooooo love that door and the dragon fly is gorgeous :) can't wait to see what you have been up too stitching wise ..lol love mouse xxxx
Post a Comment