Design: Let It Snow (2008 JCS Ornaments)
Designer: Country Cottage Needleworks
Fabric: 32 ct Natural
Floss: DMC as charted
Started: 11/28/11
Finished: 12/2/11
Completed: 12/5/11
So my Secret Stitcher this year was my peep Marsha! I had to laugh, I knew she knew it was me all along. I just didn't know exactly when I screwed up and she figured it out. Turns out it was when I stitched her birthday presents back in June. Oh well, at least she was a good sport and didn't let on.
I had originally stitched another ornament for her but it just didn't feel right to me. It really didn't reflect her tastes. I decided to go through my old JCS Ornaments issues and see if something else flipped my skirt. This one did the trick!
I knew she liked this designer, it had a fair amount of blue which is her favorite color and I immediately knew I wanted to bling out the edge of it. (Yes, Lisa S, there are your beads you've been wanting to see! LOL!) I felt like it was a perfect fit. I think Marsha liked it too.
Design: December-Santa Claus from Seasonal Mementos
Designer: Mary Garry's Sewing Cabin
Fabric: 28 ct. Country French Cafe Mocha
Floss: DMC as charted
Started & Finished: 11/23/11
Completed: 11/27/11
I found out that my Secret Stitcher was Linda K. (no blog). I was super excited to know that too! Let me just tell you that she totally "got me" all year long. Every time a package arrived in the mail it contained the most awesome stuff. I can't even tell you which one was my favorite. They were all awesome!
I wasn't for sure she was my Secret Stitcher pal. I thought it might be her but I wasn't for sure. I chose this design because I love Mary Garry and this one has been on my "to stitch" list for a while. I think she liked it too. It was fun to stitch this for her.
Linda does awesome work! I've bragged on her before. She's the one who made all the stockings in the picture on that post. I'll have to show you what she gave me for my ornament and my birthday. I'll save that for another day though! I've also got pictures of the other ornaments that were exchanged and all the Show and Tell. It was a really fun day.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
11 comments:
ohhhh love those beads .. you stitched one every other stitch ?? and sooo cute the one you received too .. isn't it nice to have a secret exchanger and then find out at the end :) love mouse xxxx
What beautiful finishes! I especially love the CCN ornament, CCN and LHN are some of my favourite designers.
I was wondering what happened to you! So sorry you weren't feeling well. The ornaments are beautiful! Blessings, Shirlee
Love the ornies! What fun too! Hope you're feeling all better now. Glad you didn't miss the ornie exchange!
Both ornaments are darling, Lisa! I really need to try to track down that Marry Garry chart myself--I've seen so many cute designs stitched by fellow bloggers. Your stitching and finishing are just perfect :)
Glad the Secret Stitcher idea is so fun--you are lucky to live near a group of talented stitching friends...
Stay well now--you don't want to be feeling sick for the big day!
Cute ornaments. Love your finishing.
Love the beaded ornie!! Definitely adds the bling; bet that's going to be gorgeous when the tree lights hit it.
Can't go wrong with a Marry Garry design...and this one is perfect!
I love the ornament you made with the beaded edge. Absolutely stunning, great job!
They're both gorgeous ornaments, well done!
LMAO!! You know as soon as I saw the gorgeous ornament you made and realized there were BEADS on it I was yelling YEAH!! LOL Then I saw your comment to me! ^5 g/f! LOL
Love both of the ornaments you made! Very pretty!!
Hope your feeling better!
Hugs
I hate being behind in blog reading but what a treat it has been to visit with you over these last few posts while drinking my coffee. BEAUTIFUL!! Everything is so nice--love the ornaments given and received!
Post a Comment