Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tiara Club Christmas

The Tiara Club Christmas party was a good one Friday night.  We started the evening at a Ruby Tuesday restaurant.  I had never been there before.  It was really good and I'd go again.  Luck would have it that one of my coworkers gave me a gift card just yesterday so now I can!

After we ate we went back to the clubhouse for our ornament exchange and some visiting.  I forgot to get pictures of all the ornament together but here is the ornament I made for the exchange.


Design:  Photo Booth Snowmen
Designer:  Bent Creek
Fabric:  Random scrap of 32 ct blue
Floss:  DMC as called for
Started & Finished:  11/24/11
Completed:  11/27/11

This is just one of the scenes from the Photo Booth Snowmen chart.  I love how the one snowman is giving the other one "bunny ears."  It reminded me of our usual merriment and naughtiness when we get together.  This chart has always made me smile when I see it stitched.  I really need to stitch the whole thing sometime.

Pam S. was the lucky recipient of my ornament this year.  She loved it!  I thought it was pretty fun that she got it since I got her pincushion at the retreat earlier this year!  Don't you love it when things like that happen?!


Design:  Sledding Friends Sled

Here's the super cute ornament I received made by the very talented Anna Mae!  Everyone was drooling over it.  I was so thrilled I was the lucky recipient!  She said she got the chart along with the sled at Dixie Darlin' when she was on vacation earlier this year.  Isn't it just the cutest?!  I just love it!

***

I also got a little more birthday spoiling from my peep Marsha.  I really do have some very thoughtful friends!  Marsha and I share a love for Hello Kitty and she spoiled me for sure.  Check it out!


She gave me one of her homemade cards with cupcakes on it which I dearly love, some Hello Kitty chocolate dipped cookies and some pink hot chocolate.  Yes, I love chocolate!  Plus a very cool flower frog for my scissors!  Now I need to round them all up and put them in the frog.  Thank you so much dear friend you really know how to spoil me and you made my day!

***
I hope everyone is having a good week so far!  We are getting ever closer to the big day.  I hope you aren't too stressed out.  I finished my shopping last night.  Yay!  I only have a few things left to wrap and I'll be done.  I still can't believe it's that time of year again already!

Thanks for stopping by today!

The Inspired Stitcher

8 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

All the ornaments are great but I like the "bunny ears" snowmen the best. So cute!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Love the sled ornie what a cool finishing idea!

Margaret said...

Love the ornies! And the present too! Sounds like you all had a great time! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Mouse said...

love those bunnie ears heheheh ,, and that sledge is cute .... well done on being spoilt again ... isn't it nice when that happens :) I am as ready as can be ...hope you have a lovely christmas and a stitchy holiday season :) love mouse xxxx

Giovanna said...

Lovely ornaments and gifts!

Siobhán said...

What beautiful ornaments! Fantastic gifts and exchange pieces--everything is so lovely. That sled is just 'the last word', as they say!

Carol said...

I've always loved Snowman Photo Booth and I really like your idea of stitching one for an ornament...very cute!! And I love your sled you received as well--your tree must be looking so pretty, Lisa!

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

I love catching up on your stitching, your finish everything so beautifully. and i adore that sleigh!