If you are anywhere near Lebanon, Ohio, this coming weekend (March 2nd thru 4th) you'll want to visit the 29th annual The Lebanon Quilt & Fabric Arts Show hosted by the Warren County Historical Society. It's a pretty good show and the museum where it's held has some really nice exhibits.
Of particular interest to stitchers this year is the showing of a unique collection of nine rare Warren County schoolgirl needlework samplers! I can't wait to check them out. I hope they allow pictures!
Also, if you are a button collector or lover, there's usually a vendor from Texas there that makes button jewelry. I love this vendor and their work is awesome. I happen to own several of their bracelets and plan to buy another one if I make it to the show. I can't resist them!
So there you are, something to do if you are in the area. Maybe I'll see you there!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
4 comments:
Hi Lisa -I'm looking forward to the show next week. I didn't know about the samplers, thanks for the info. They're doing an exhibit of Nedra Whittington quilts. That will be nice. And Susan and Dale with the button bracelets should be there too. I know I'll go home with another lovely piece. Maybe I'll see you there. I plan on going Saturday. -take care!
I am only an hour away. I live in Greensburg Indiana. I am hoping to organize a stitching Saturday with fellow bloggers nearby. May I ask where you live. Would you be interested in coming to something like that.
oh quelle chance !!!!!
bisous de France
Hi Lisa- went to the Quilt Show today- what a charming museum and of course I came away with some great inspiration and a few new quilt shops to visit!
Thanks
Martha
Post a Comment