Yep, it's TUSAL time again! This month I'm pleased to say I have a modest nest of ORTs (Old Ratty Threads) to add to the jar. Yay!
So let's see, I had to go ferret ORTs out of two traveling ORT bags and my main ORT container that sits in my nest. I'd say that's a good sign that I've been stitching more this month. Go me!
I've gotten really creative with my stitching time beyond my lunch hours. I'm really thankful the weather's been warm so I can take Miss Shelby out to the backyard for a romp while I sit on the patio and stitch. I think that's a win-win for both of us!
***
Last night was the monthly guild stitch-in. This month we had some really great show and tell. I just had to take a few snaps and share the goodness with you today!
Just look at all those wonderful finishes!
Love the lavender set and that pumpkin fairy is so cute.
Great prim style bag!
Sue's beautiful pink version of the My First Sewing Box and Scissor Fob by The Stitching Parlor
Paula's St. Nick
This Santa blew me away! I have to brag a little on my very talented buddy Paula who stitched and finished this guy! Isn't he just amazing?! This is one of Sherri Jones' teaching designs called "A Visit from St. Nick" gift container. I told Paula she should send Sherri a picture of him. He is just fantastic! I'm so glad she brought him to share. Paula is one of the most talented and generous stitchers you will ever meet! Thanks again, Paula, for bringing him last night.
***
Last night was such a great night for getting out. The temperature was in the mid 80s and there was a nice breeze. I rode to and from the stitch-in with all the windows and the sunroof open. I still just can not believe this is March weather! I even wore a dress to work today without tights or hose. Now that is just crazy for this time of year! I love it! I'm such a warm weather girl. I hope it is warm and springlike where you are too.
Thank you all so much for the lovely comments and emails about my Blue Ribbon Box. It is so fun to be able to share my finishes with such a supportive community of stitchers. You all are just the best!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
8 comments:
What a great show of stitching - you ladies have lots of talent!
You are right about Paula being talented and so giving. LOVE the similing puppy picture. Also love your flower water glass. It was fun spending time with you last night at stitch in.
ooo love the wee ort containers and gorgeous work from your fellow stitchers love that drop down box too :)
and Shelby looks like she is having lots of fun in the garden :) love mouse xxxx
Your ORT containers are all so pretty! And the guild show and tell -- such a treat! That Santa is divine!
Hello
I found your blog on Daffycat's blog.
Your ORT jar and containers are very pretty.
Your Blue Ribbon Sewing Box is absolutely beautiful, congratulations on being able to finish something like that.
Lovely pic of Shelby too - a very sweet doggy.
SUCH A FEAST TO THE EYES, THANKS FOR SHARING!
Out ogling ORTs and yours look fantastic!
Hi! So glad to have a new blog friend! Thank you for the comments! I was spending time in your blog and recognized something special.....Sue's sewing box by The Stitching Parlor! My best friend, neighbor, and fellow teacher at my high school, is Clara Blalock. Clara is the owner and designer of The Stitching Parlor. That little Whitman sampler box was one of her first designs. It is very hard to find one of those boxes today!
I enjoyed your blog and will be visiting again often!
Post a Comment