Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I won!

A while back on a whim I entered Melissa's April 2012 Giveaway #3 over at Words and Blooms.  I really didn't expect to win but I entered my name in the drawing anyway.  Imagine my surprise when I got an email last Tuesday saying I was the lucky winner!  So what did I win you ask?  Check this out!


It's a kitted up Little by Little design called Quaker Faith!  I am just so over the moon.  I love the colors in this one and I've always been a Little by Little fan!  I like Quaker designs because they remind me of quilts with their geometric shapes.

Here's a closer look at the chart.


Floss toss with my fabric surprise!

Melissa surprised me with a very nice piece of 35 ct. "Jackalope" linen from Hand Dyed Fibers.  I've not worked with this linen before so this will be a real treat!  It feels really nice in hand.  Other than a needle and scissors, I'm set to go on this one!

My favorite stitching tool.

To be considered for the giveaway, Melissa asked us to tell her what was our favorite stitching tool that makes our lives easier?  For me, hands down, it's my Star De-Tailor!  I don't know how I lived without one.

I have a bad habit of stitching right down to the nub.  This tool helps me bury those fiddly little ends easy peasy!  I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this.  Can I get an amen from the blog community?!  Oh yes, I heard you all!  I'm telling you, you NEED one of these if you don't already have one!  Oh yes, you do!

Melissa , thank you so much for picking me and for the generous extra you added!  I am still doing the Snoopy Dance and smiling from ear to ear.  Squeals!

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

Mouse said...

oooooo well done on the win :) that is a lovely chart and you will love the linen .... honest ..lol
and yup got something similar in my tools section :)
love mouse xxxxxx

JOLENE said...

Congrats! It's a pretty one, fun colors, too. Enjoy....

Margaret said...

What a great win! I like the star de-tailer too, but it's just a bit too thick for my 40ct ct thread backs. I end up using a regular old threader as often as not for the job.

Melissa said...

Oh, I love an enthusiastic winner! I'm so glad you are doing the Snoopy Dance. I can hear the music too! ;-)

Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

BrendaS said...

Great giveaway! So happy you won:)

Sarah said...

Congrats on the win! I've never even heard of that particular tool. . .I might have to look into it though, because I definitely stitch to the end!

Judy said...

Congrats to you for your win. Very nice. I too stitch to the smallest possible end and usually put the needle through a few stitches and then rethread to pull through. This tool my be useful for me..I don't recall seeing one at my LNS. I was trying to email you about your LNS..as I live in the midwest and thought it might be a fun trip. Unfortunately, I was unable to do so. I don't think you can get to me as I am just beginning a blog and settings aren't set up yet. So maybe someday!

Judy, heartland stitcher

Anne said...

Congrats on your win! I love this Quaker design! It's so sweet of Melissa to send you some fabric and floss to start it!! Isn't she the loveliest?!!

Veronica said...

Congrats on the giveaway win. You'll definitely enjoy stitching on Vikki's linen.

Oh, I hear you on Star De-Tailor. Very useful tool indeed.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Lelia said...

The Star De-Tailor is a must-have for me, too. I have a couple of them.

Congrats on the win!

Bertie said...

A lovely win, congrats. The tool is indeed a necessity for us stitchers:)

Carol said...

What a great win from that sweet Melissa :) I've never heard of that tool--thanks for the heads up!!

Enjoy your day :)

Penny said...

Congratulations on a lovely win! I love Little by Little too! I've never heard of a Star De-Tailor, but I would love to have one.