Sunday, May 20, 2012

May TUSAL and a new start


Here's my May ORT report for the TUSAL.  My needle has been on the move this month too!  This month's ORT report is brought to you by the following contributors:
  • I Sigh Not for Beauty by C Street Samplers, progress pic to come shortly!
  • My BAP SAL by Ellen Maurer-Stroh
  • What a Cut Up! by Patrick's Woods
  • My mystery project that I still can't tell you about
  • A round robin I was invited to join.  I'll tell you a little more about that later.
  • Last but not least...this new start!

Biscornu for "A Christmas Sewing Set" by Giulia Punti Antichi

I made the sewing set in 2009 at the Tiara Retreat.  I just love the red and green floss the designer chose for this one.  I'll show you all the pieces when I get this one done.  So far it's been a quick stitch.

I picked up the buttons yesterday on my way home from the button show my mom and I attended.  I'll tell you more about that in another post!  We had the best time!  It was a great girl's day out.

Well, I know this is a quick post.  I'm heading into the city with my sister-in-law and a co-worker to hear  a Barbershop Quartet sing.  We know one of the singers.  He gave us free tickets as a thank you for supporting their fund raiser every year.  It should be interesting.  I've never attended a concert like this before.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you all have had a good weekend.  Also, thank you for all your sweet comments on my last post.  You all are the best!

More later,

The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Adorable cette broderie !
bisous de FRANCE

dulcinella said...

Lovely jar and beautiful stitching! I hope you enjoyed the concert.

ricketyjo said...

That's ever such a pretty design, I love the colours :)

Margaret said...

Your new start is so pretty! Nice ORT jar too. :D Have fun at the Barbershop Quartet concert.

Giovanna said...

Nice new start!

BrendaS said...

Love your new start Lisa! Can't wait to see it all finished up:)

Hope you enjoyed your concert.

Melissa said...

You like Susan Branch too, and Sara Midda! I have most of the books you showed in your photo! Love'em!

I like your Sewing Set start!

Carol said...

I'm another Susan Branch fan, too, Lisa :) Just love her sweet drawings!

Your new start is very pretty--can't wait to see more! Glad you had such a fun weekend :)

Melissa said...

Hey there! I'm a new follower :)

Love the new biscornu start. I recently finished my first biscornu as well :)


Happy Stitching!!

Valentina said...

The biscornu is going to be lovely!