Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Weekend Finishes x 2!

A long weekend can really do a person good!  I got a bunch of stitching done.  I also caught the finishing bug and ran with it.  I finished three things but I can only show you two of them.  The third will have to wait a bit longer as it's for an exchange!  So here we go...

Remember this from my one woman retreat



Design:  What a Cut Up!  freebie
Designer:  Patrick's Woods aka Sherri Jones
Fabric:  32 ct. antique white
Floss: DMC (my conversion) 1over 1
Started:  10/12/11
Finished:  5/11/12
Completed:  5/28/12

Here it is all finished!  I decided to do a floss tag.  It's just the right size since I stitched this one over one.  The fabric in the background is the fabric I used on the back.  It matches the floss colors just perfectly!  I started this project way before I even knew this fabric existed.  How's that for cool?!   I love when that happens.

As an aside, I can tell you that the exchange finish is also a floss tag.  I was in the mood to make floss tags, what can I say?!

***

My second finish I can show is one of those "I must stitch this right this minute" things!  I saw Amy's start over at Thread in Hand and fell in love with it!  I was so inspired I found the chart, pulled the floss, found some leftover scraps of parchment linen and got crackin'!


Design:  Fob from Stitching Chair Necessaire
Designer:  Hillside Samplings
Fabric:  35ct. Parchment scraps
Floss:  DMC as charted
Started:  5/24/12
Finished:  5/25/12
Completed:  5/28/12

I chose to do the finishing as it was recommended in the chart.  I really like how it turned out.  As you can tell from the picture, this is one tiny fob!  It's just a tad over one inch square!

I love the way my new pink polka dot scissors look with this fob too.  I really enjoy doing tiny things like this one!  It whipped up super fast and I couldn't be happier with it!

***

Yesterday the mailman brought me a really cool package from my friend Lucy.  I can't wait to show you what was in it!  I'm saving that for it's own post.  Stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you are having a good week so far.  We are already half way through it already!


More later,

The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:

BrendaS said...

Love your finishes Lisa. That little fob is so delicate looking:)

Margaret said...

I love both your finishes! Gorgeous

Christie said...

Beautiful finishes Lisa. Hope to see them in real life on Friday ;-)

Carol said...

You know I just love tiny finishes, Lisa, and these are both adorable. I've never made a floss tag--seem to be stuck in pillow mode this year :)

Sarah said...

Lovely finishes! So delicate looking with the over one stitching

Lisa S said...

Great finishes G/f! I love that tiny fob! That is the perfect fabric for the floss tag. Hmmm I haven't made a floss tag in awhile. I may just have to do one soon.

Hugs

Marsha said...

Love the polka dot scissor's new fob. So pretty.

That bunny is adorable.

Melissa said...

Over one!!! Gorgeous pieces! Congrats!

Giovanna said...

Very pretty finishes, well done!

Valentina said...

Very nice finishes, the polka dot scissors are so cute!