I have to say that my Secret Stitcher really surprised me this month! Just look at what she sent me! A wonderful chart by The Drawn Thread, a May note pad, a very nice piece of 32ct. star sapphire linen and best of all a super sweet stitched fob! I wonder how she knew I love lily of the valley? I think I know!
I'm a fan of The Drawn Thread's charts and this is one I had not seen. I love that it's called Lily of the Valley! In addition to sweet lily of the valley flowers it also has daffodils on it too. The verse is just so sweet, it reads:
Lily of the Valley
fragile flower
of May work'd
in silken stitches
will not fade away
Here's a closer look at the back of the fob. I put a quarter beside it so you can get an idea of the tiny size. It's about 1 inch wide by 1 1/2 inches tall!
Here's the front! It's just so super cute! I love that she stitched this part from the chart she gave me. Go back up and look! It's right there in the center at the top of the chart. Love it!
I've not seen this type of finish. I really like it and she did such an awesome job! You can't really tell from the pictures but she used tiny white beads to secure the bow on the fob's tail and the ribbon is sparkly too. I just love it!
Thank you so much Secret Stitcher! You really spoiled me this month. Words can not express my humble thankfulness for this thoughtful gift. Your time spent to make this special fob is so appreciated too. It truly is a treasure! I sincerely hope it brings me good luck in the coming months. It's already brought me happiness!
***
On another note, I've had several people ask me where you can find a Star De-Tailor. I've brought a couple of mine from 123Stitch.com. I also found them shown on The Silver Needle and Stitching Bits n' Bob's sites too. If you happen to live close to House of Stitches, Welcome Stitchery or Stitchville USA, I suspect they would have them as well.
I have no affiliation with any of the afore mentioned, just places I've shopped. Hope this helps those who asked and maybe those who didn't but were wondering.
I have no affiliation with any of the afore mentioned, just places I've shopped. Hope this helps those who asked and maybe those who didn't but were wondering.
***
Thank you so much for stopping by today and thanks again Secret Stitcher, you made my day!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
9 comments:
What a wonderful set of gifts - enjoy stitching that lovely chart!
Oh wow! You must be so happy and spoiled! :D
Someone knows you very well :0) You got some really nice things.
Beautiful gift. The scissors fob is especially sweet.
Hugs,
Veronica.
Oh you lucky, lucky gal. I'm so envious. :0) Not that I'm not perfectly happy with my awesome secret stitcher!
What a wonderful gift. I love the way she finished the fob.
What a pretty chart! And such a sweet little fob - so dainty! :)
what lovely gifts... the scissor fob is lovely and so tiny... :o) Lucky girl!
http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/
Beautiful fob (and pattern) from your SS. yes, I've purchased them from House of Stitches. They come in very handy.
Post a Comment