Chester County Historical Society - West Chester, PA
They didn't allow pictures of the individual objects to be posted on blogs so I'll show you some room pics instead. To say it was amazing is a complete understatement. I'm so glad I got to see this!
Just look at all this stitchy goodness! Can you even stand it?!
There was so much to see in these rooms! I absolutely fell in love with the pin balls and pocket wallets. So many Queen's stitches and flame stitches to be seen. It was almost overwhelming! I can truthfully say there was more stitching in this place than I've ever seen anywhere. W-O-W!!!
***
After leaving the exhibit we drove up the road to find some lunch and then on to one of the Harley stores my honey wanted to visit. After that we ventured just up the road to visit with the girls at The Strawberry Sampler! Molly and Beth always make you feel so welcome when you stop by! I can't believe they remembered me from my visit last year.
I had a great visit with the girls and they loved the EMS sampler. I think I shocked them when I told them I was stitching this piece in the car. LOL! I promised to send them pictures when it's done.
We also talked dogs. Turns out Molly loves dogs as much as I do and even had a Shelby of her own once. Of course like a good dog-mom, I had to share pictures of my girl with her.
Here's what came home with me at this stop. I got the waterlily fabric for the Drawn Thread chart I bought the day before and some Kreinik filament I'd been looking for too.
I also found a couple charts that have been on the wish list and some fabric just because. Speaking of fabric, they really do have a nice fabric selection and lots of 40ct. too! I could have spent hours in there.
***
Since we were in the area and still had some time before "rush hour," we decided to take in some historic sights in downtown Philly. Both my honey and I love history so away we went!
Liberty Bell Center
The Liberty Bell
I have to tell you it was a bit surreal seeing this historical artifact in person. I'd heard so much about it and read about in history class...then there it was! We did have to go through security before getting to see it which was a bit strange. No, we didn't fix the crack in it or get to ring it either! I was surprised by how close you could get to it though.
We also walked around and saw some of the other historical sights that were close by and right downtown Philly! I can foresee another trip there to do all the historical stuff we missed seeing.
We decided we'd better get on the road soon to avoid the traffic. Well, a wrong turn took us right across a bridge straight into New Jersey! At this point we were in the beginning of the dreaded rush hour traffic.
Our ornery GPS decided to try to route us to the New Jersey turnpike and straight up through New York City! Oh no! So we decided to outsmart the GPS and programed in a different route that was slightly more miles but less stressful and still got us where we wanted to be that night.
We finally made it out of the traffic and made our way to the next stop on the trip. For our final two days we wanted to be in the Newburg, New York area for the finale of the trip. More about that next time!
Thanks for stopping by again today! Also, thanks for the sweet comments. You all just make me smile and I appreciate your visits.
More later,
The Inspired Stitcher
7 comments:
Ok, this might be silly, but the colors of the linens you picked up at the Strawberry Sampler stopped me in my tracks. lol! Gorgeous! Soooo pretty! I've always wanted to visit that LNS! Love that you got to go to that exhibit too. Wish I'd gone, it sounds so nice! And the historic sites -- have to do that when in Philly! I love history and historic sites too. :D Looking forward to hearing about the end of your trip. :D
It has been fun following your travels. The needlework display really looks fantastic--is it a traveling eshibit? Gotta love a trip with stitching, stitch shops, history and baseball! I visited Philly many years ago--bicentenial--and loved all the history stuff there and in Boston. Hope to return there again someday. Nice stash also!!
Judy heartland stitcher
Thanks for sharing your vacation memories - the exhibit looks very mouth-watering, and you've got some great new stash. And huge congrats on winning the BBD giveaway, I'm so pleased for you!
Yes, congrats to the BBD win! I have enjoyed this second installment of your trip. :)
Sounds like a really good trip. And, you lucky dog! You won the grand prize at Blackbird Designs! Can't wait to see.
Hi Lisa.
I've been enjoying reading all about your wonderful trip. Sounds like it was a great time for both you and your hubby. I'm particularly glad that you got to see the wonderful Chester County Historical Society's exhibit. Wasn't it amazing?
Did you make it to Betsy Ross's house in Philadelphia? (You could have taken your Long May She Wave project there. Wouldn't that have been a great photo op?)
PS Wow--glad I got my comment posted. I had a terrible time with the required word verification--it took me 3 times! I was about to give up. Just thought you would like to know.
Post a Comment