Sunday, September 9, 2012

BAP Update September Edition

 Started: 9/1/12
Finished: 9/9/12

Hi all!  Did you miss me?  I've got lots to tell since we last visited.  First, here's my progress on the EMS SAL.  I can hardly believe I'm at the bottom edge already.  It is really coming together now.

  September's "assignment"

This is a close up of the berries and pansy row.  Love that pansy!

 Here's a close up of the rose basket corner and the beginning of the bottom border.

I worked on this while driving along in the car last week!  Yes, I stitched 40ct. without magnification while riding down the freeway.

You see, my honey and I just celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary on Friday!  We decided to make a week of it by taking a road trip to upstate New York and Pennsylvania.  It was a wonderful trip and I'm sad to see it end.  We saw so many awesome things and had a super great time together.

I'll have more pictures to share and tales to tell later.  For now I'm still collecting my thoughts and easing back into the everyday.  I can tell you I visited three great stitch shops on our grand adventure (waves to Molly and Beth at the Strawberry Sampler.  The close up of the rose basket is for you, Beth!)

A huge thanks goes out to all who gave me suggestions on things to do and places to go.  Thanks also for stopping by today.  I always enjoy our visits together.

More later,

The Inspired Stitcher


7 comments:

Margaret said...

Sooooo beautiful! Wow! Glad you had a great trip! Happy anniversary!

Marilyn said...

Your sampler is looking great Lisa.Congrats on 16 years!
Marilyn

Giovanna said...

Nice going on the sampler, and congrats on your 16th anniversary.

Vickie said...

ooOoo! I like September's assignment. Pretty. Congratulations on 16 years.

Judy said...

Just catching up with your blog. Nice Sept assignment..40 count in the car--impressive!!Happy anniversary! Funny thing--I was a Longaberger consultant for many years!! Congrats on the goodies you won!

Judy heartland stitcher

Carol said...

Happy belated anniversary, Lisa! It sounds like you both had a grand time on your trip--can't wait to see some photos :)

Your SAL is really coming along nicely--not sure how you manage to stitch in the car (especially on 40 ct.)!!

Andrea said...

What a beautiful sampler! Wow, stitching on 40 ct. while riding in the car, I'm impressed! :-)

Happy 16th Anniversary to you and your hubby!