I mentioned earlier that last weekend I got in a finishing mood so I thought I'd share the fruits of my labor with you. Actually, it wasn't labor at all. It was lots of good fun. Let's check it out...
This is the sewing case Belinda made for us at the Russellville Retreat last year. The monograms' stitching was done before I got to the retreat but I had just never attached it to the sewing case's front.
I decided since I had the iron fired up, I might as well complete this project. I hand appliqued mine down with a ladder stitch instead of doing a buttonhole stitch. I like the way it turned out.
Here's the inside. I didn't need to do anything to this part but thought you might want to see what it looks like. I think Belinda did such a nice job on these and I love the polka dots and paisley. Two of my favorite prints and in one of my favorite color combos too.
***
I didn't make either of these last weekend but I did make them recently. The one with the hearts is made from leftover fabric I used to make a birthday present earlier in the month. The paisley one I made earlier this summer and have carried it to work daily with my on-the-go project in it.
What I did make was a matching ORTs bag to go with the paisley bag and my travel tin. The colors in the paisley go so well with the colors in the tin's stitching. This is totally serendipitous since I didn't plan it that way. Gotta love it when that happens.
Here's the whole set together. I forgot to get the fob out of the tin for the picture but you can go see it here if you want.
***
I got a couple other things completed but still need to tweak them a bit before I show you. I'm hoping to get them done this weekend. Especially because one is going to carry all my stitching bits and pieces to class with me at Shepherd's Bush next week.
Yep, friends, I'm getting super excited about leaving in three days! Count them 1-2-3! Woo Hoo!!! If you are going to be there leave me a comment or send me an email. Maybe we can meet up at some point during the week. I'm going to be in track A-2.
***
Well friends, that's all I've got for now. I'm going to go hang with the peeps at the Tiara monthly stitch-in later this evening. I'm really looking forward to relaxing tonight and putting some stitches in some linen. I'm sure there will be lots of socializing too. Hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
13 comments:
Wow great finishes! Love them all! I'm still envious of you for going to the SB retreat. Hope you give a full report!
That turned out so pretty Lisa.
The pouches are nice too, and love the matching tin and ort bag.
What design did you use on the tin?
I love the design, and the colors in it. Great job on all!
Marilyn
I have so much fabric waiting to be made into those pouches, and seeing your beauties is getting me motivated. I love the heart fabric. You did a great job on everything.
I love everything you made Lisa! I have really been wanting to learn to to make those pouches with the zipper. I have to learn how to use a zipper foot. need to take out my sewing machine manual lol. Very pretty fabrics you used. Love your tin. So pretty. Have a great time at SB. Where can I find info to read about it?
love Annette
You have done very fine work Lisa. Have a good time.
So many wonderful and varied finishes, Lisa--and each one looks perfect... Your sewing set is wonderful--so nicely coordinated. And I have to say you are very lucky to have such a "pretty" set of initials--mine are weird and just never would look as nice in a stitched monogram!
I don't need to tell you to enjoy the retreat because I know you'll have a ball :)
Wow, fantastic finishes! You go girl!! I can't wait to hear all about the SB retreat--share pictures! I'd tell you to enjoy yourself and have a blast but don't think it's necessary to tell you that. ;)
Such gorgeous finishes!!! I love the sewing pouches and your cute altoid tin! I adore paisley fabric!!
ooooo have just finished drooling and want them all ... hope you have a fab time at your next one and I hope your wee goodie arrives before you go :)
take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxx
Everything is so so cute! Show us how to make the little ORTs bag! I don't know how to do those but would love to have one or know how to make them.
All of your finished projects are beautiful. The ort bag, project bag and matching tin are perfect!
Oh, have a great time at the SB retreat. I'm sure you will be on a cloud!! Will look forward to reading about it.
Judy heartland stitcher
What a lot of great finishes, well done.
oh que de merveilles ! bravo
bisous
Post a Comment