Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Good Mail Day

 Yesterday the mailman brought me two really fun packages! One I knew was coming and the other I was hoping would come soon but had no idea what it would be.  First up, a win from the Bay of Evil.
 

I've been in a Hillside Samplings mood lately and when I saw this it just called my name.  I've got the basket already.  It's a leftover from my former days as a Longaberger consultant.  Now I just need to find the time to stitch it!

Funny how you can have the basket, the floss, the fabric and all you need is time.  Somebody should figure out how to sell that!  I know we'd all be in line to buy some.  LOL!


The best thing came in this package!  First, a little back story.  I read French General's blog, The Warp and The Weft.  I love their style and the pictures they post of the French countryside make me wish I was there again.

The beginning of the month Kaari hosted a giveaway on the blog and I threw my name in the hat.  I never do this expecting to win but you never know.  Well, a couple days later Kaari had an Oprah moment and everyone who commented on the giveaway post benefited!

EK Success who makes French General's Jolee Boutique/French General Paper Crafts line offered to give all the commenters a sampling of their products!!!  Yes, everyone who commented on the giveaway post got a package!!!  How incredibly cool is that?!

Want to see what they sent?  Of course you do!!!  Just look at all this goodness!

Here's everything all together.  Let's look at it all in detail.  I know you want to!

The notions kit.  Love those buttons!

Ribbons!  Love the one with the crown and bee.  The spool charm is so cool too!
 
A package of tags with strings!
 
My favorite part, two packages of buttons!
 
I'm thinking I'll put all these together in a shadow box frame and display them in my sewing room.  I may have to see if I can find more bits from this line to include them in the frame too.
 
I just can't believe the generosity of French General and EK Success!  If anybody from either place reads this, thank you so much!!!
 
***
 
Well folks, that's all I've got today.  I want to thank those that responded to my last post asking for travel advice.  If you know of anything else you want to share, please feel free to tell me.  There's still time!
 
Also thanks for stopping by today and sharing my excitement.  I hope your mail carrier brings you something good too.
 
 
Until next time,
 
The Inspired Stitcher
 
As a disclaimer: I was not asked to write this post or to publicly thank them. I'm just so humbled and excited, I had to share with you all!

6 comments:

Giovanna said...

Mail doesn't get much better than this :-) Enjoy!

Margaret said...

A very good mail day! I got a lovely package from French General too. lol!

Annie said...

Oh, so lovely packages!
I´m drooling:)

I too got a great package today, from
CasaCenica, with some neat wood spools, Thread gatherer ribbons
and some special DMC thread for my drawn thread projects.

The stash coming in the mail is just as fun as the actual stitching:)
Thanks for a lovely blog post!

Mouse said...

oooo well done on your win :) some lovely gifts there that will look great in a shadow box :) love mouse xxxxx

Carol said...

Ooh--what a wonderful win from French General :) You are one lucky stitcher! I just love all of those gorgeous buttons and that spool charm--enjoy!!

marly said...

How generous! You received a wonderful pack of goodies!