Monday, August 27, 2012

Something completely different

I hope everyone had a good weekend!  I was in a productive mood this past weekend.  I did a bit of sewing and some stitching but nothing I can show yet.

I've also been in the mood to bead lately.  I haven't shown any beading projects for a while so I thought I'd share my weekend finishes with you.  I also need your advice but I'll get to that in a minute.

 
First up, is a kit I bought a couple years ago when my peep, Marsha and I visited a bead store after a stitch-in.  I don't know why I didn't do this one sooner.  It came with everything in it, all I had to do was put it together!  I like the pearls and the pink stones in this one.  It even came with the stuff to do a pair of earrings!
 
I'm gathering beads for another bracelet project and couldn't find what I wanted locally so I went to the city to the big bead store to see what I could find. Luck would have it they did have something close enough. This is what got this whole mood going for me.
 
 
Then I saw this kit!  Swoon!  These are my colors.  I love the sea foam green and the bigger crystals are a purpley opalish color.  Love at first sight!  So I went home and made this one straight away.

That prompted me to remember the pink kit so I went stash diving and put it together too!  Now I have two new pretty bracelets to wear along with a pair of new earrings!

***

I know this post probably isn't what you came to read but to keep it stitch related here's where the need for advice comes in.  My honey and I are getting ready to celebrate our 16th anniversary soon!  We are planning to go on a road trip.

When we got married we made a pact with each other that our vacations would include something we want to do together, something he wants to do and something I want to do.  Most of the time my choices include something stitchy and his include something to do with motorcycles.  We both like museums and historical things!

Our grand adventure this time is going to take us to Cooperstown, NY and Newburgh, NY with a side stop in West Chester, PA.   I believe we will be taking I-90 across New York on the way out and I-80 across Pennsylvania on the way back.

Do any of you know of any stitch shops I should be sure to visit, good places to eat, things to see?  Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

***

Thank you for reading this far.  I appreciate you sticking with me today.  As always I appreciate your comments and visits.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful bracelets! Just lovely! Happy anniversary! What a great way to celebrate! I know of a smallish shop not too far from Newburgh -- It's in Hyde Park across the river. It's called Deer Hill Farm Cross stitch. If you look on the shop locator on the Hoffman website, you'll find it. I do think they moved shop though so you might want to call to check on the address. It's a good place to find older, hard to find charts and the like. You are also allowed to paw the linens as much as you like. lol! The LNS I go to more is in NJ, but that might be too far away for you. If you're going to West Chester, there's an exhibit going on there, I think. It's at the Chester County Historical Society, "In Stitches: Unraveling Their Stories." Not sure if it's where you're going or not. Google it and see!

Shirlee said...

Beautiful bracelets! Reminds me that I have a ton of beads upstairs left over from my beading/lacemaking days that I need to figure out what to do with : ) I'm sorry, I can't help you out with any shops along your route but I wish you & your DH a very happy 16th!

Anonymous said...

well you have to drive thru Cleveland to get to I-90, right? Why not a stop at the Crafty Ewe in Broadview Heights? Another good shop in the Cleveland area is Just Stitching in Strongsville.

Congrats on your anniversary!

BTW i hate hate hate this stupid non-robot verification!!!!

Martha

Annette-California said...

Happy Anniversary to you! Bracelets are beautiful. I've been having internet problems. Miracle if I get to post this comment. If I don't talk to you I love all your posts (just got to read them). I have been stitching myself. Oh those sea foam green and purpley colors are gorgeous together. Great Job.
love Annette

Carol said...

Ah...a woman of many talents!! Your jewelry making is off to a great start, Lisa--everything looks so pretty. I sure hope you can find some good shops to visit on your anniversary trip...there aren't many left out there (at least in PA!!)....

Vera said...

Yes, the exhibit is still on (but only thru September 7th) at the Chester County Histoircal Society (they do have a web site). The Strawberry Sampler is a LNS in Chadds Ford which is quite close to West Chester. Chadds ford is a great place for antique shops and the Brandywine River Museum is fabulous (Wyeth). Also nearby is Longwood Gardens which is great. All of these places have web sites if you google them. Have fun!!!

Pam said...

I just came back from W Chester ( live in Western PA ) , and the sampler exhibit at the HS is wonderful. Just a block from the Chester HS ( on the corner of High Street and Gay Street ) is a great restaurant, the crab cakes are absolutely fantastic ( if you like them ) and of course there are numerous other items on the menu as well. The small, quaint town of W Chester is nice to walk and browse.

As for LNS, Strawberry Sampler is just about 10 mins south from the historical society, along rte 202.
It's small but the gals there are friendly and there's quite a bit to see there. I found some 40ct linen.

As stated above, Brandywine /Chadds Ford is a lovely area. Lots of antique shops. My friend who is from MO found a unique antique sewing case to take back. I saw 4-5 antique samplers.

Have fun,
Pam