Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Exchange Received

I was invited to participate in a Seasonal Exchange for the Summer round and now I know who was stitching for me!

Bent Creek Zippers "Blue Bird"


This is what I received from Dawn!  Isn't it just too cute?!  It's from a Bent Creek Zipper kit called "Blue Bird."  The fabric and trim match the design perfectly!  I don't have a finish like this in my collection either.

This is actually the second piece I received from Dawn.  The first piece was damaged when I received it.  Dawn and I are fairly sure it was damaged by the extreme heat (100 plus degrees) we've had in these parts.  See she used adhesive in the finishing and I'm afraid the heat was not kind to it by the time it reached my house.

I won't post a picture of it in the state it arrived because I don't want to embarrass Dawn.  I did feel badly that she had to stitch a replacement piece so I felt it was only right to send her a RAK to show my appreciation for her efforts.  The fabric in the background is the backing fabric I used.


Design:  Alphabet from Cross Stitcher Homestyle (UK) magazine
Designer: me
Fabric: 28 ct. natural
Floss:  DMC 4150
Started:  7/30/12
Finished and Completed:  7/31/12

I know Dawn has received it and says she likes it.  It really was the very least I could do for her good heartedness about the whole situation.  I know we both learned a lesson from this experience...don't use adhesive in hot weather when sending something through the mail.  Things happen beyond our control sometimes!

Thank you again, Dawn for making this right and for your kindness.  Also thanks to Lisa S for hosting the exchange and helping to work things out.  All's well that ends well.

Thank you to everyone who stopped by for a visit today and welcome to my new followers.  You all make this blogging thing a lot of fun.  Have a good week!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

10 comments:

Margaret said...

A very nice exchange you received. Who knew about adhesive in the heat? Wow! You're so sweet to send her that RAK to show your appreciation.

Ranae said...

A very sweet 2nd round exchange from Dawn, too bad the first one didn't survive the heat. Thanks for sharing the info, I made a mental note
And how sweet to send her a RAK, it's adorable

Deborah said...

Beautiful exchange piece.

Mouse said...

awwww thats lovely and I think it is bent creak as it looks like the blackbird with the red wing :)
gorgeous thank you you stitched too ... that alphabet is lovely :)
Bentley has just popped in to say Hi to Shelby and hope she is feeling much better now after her op :)
take care and happy stitching :)
love mouse xxxx

Giovanna said...

What rotten luck about the first exchange piece... The replacement and your "thank you" are both really pretty.

Lisa V said...

Lovely finishes, I'm glad your exchange worked out well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely exchange piece and Thank You heart.
Stitching melting in the heat isn't an issue here!

Peggy Lee said...

Well I suppose that was a learning experience but it's too bad just the same. A very lovely thank you from you!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I'm sorry that Dawn's first gift was damaged in transit, but her second gift looks lovely.

I love the little heart you stitched for her, too!

Carol said...

What a shame that the heat damaged Dawn's first gift--it sure is wreaking chaos on everything this summer, isn't it! It has finally cooled off here--thank goodness!

That was awfully sweet of you to send her a little "thank you" for her troubles :)