Started: 8/1/12
Finished: 8/4/12
Well folks, I'm two thirds of the way finished with my BAP. It is really looking good if I do say so myself! This month's assignment went just as quick as last month's did. It helped that I worked ahead a bit too.
August's "assignment"
This month all I had to do was finish up the blue flowers, add the berry sprig, and finish up the white flower border. I had the cherries and the bluebells already finished. I can't decide what's my favorite part of this month's work.
Here's a close up of the blue flowers and the berries. The berries remind me of hawthorn berries and the tiny blue flowers look like forget-me-knots.
The white flowers kind of look like the hawthorn flower too. That cherry border is just so sweet. I do like cherries both as a motif and to eat!
Since you all know what a floss nerd I am, here's an updated floss box pic. You'll notice I "out grew" my original box. I'm up to 72 different colors in this project! This month I added two new ones. I've got room for my spare greens in this box and a couple extra compartments for even more colors. I'm anticipating more to come next month.
I'm already anxiously awaiting next month's "assignment." I love the rose basket and I'm going to finally get to stitch the butterflies or at least part of one. That's another motif in this design that drew me to it. I can hardly wait! I'm still as much in love with this project as ever!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! I know I am. Thanks for stopping by to see my progress.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
6 comments:
It's just gorgeous!! And that's a whole lotta floss! lol! I love all the colors, and the piece is wonderful!
It is so pretty. All the colours look lovely together.
It's looking good Lisa, very colorful.
Marilyn
Beautiful
Very nice! I am surprised you can contain yourself to a monthly assignment. Such pretty colors in this piece.
Enjoy the rest of the weeken.
Judy heartland stitcher
Oh my gosh!! It's beautiful!! Great work!See you soon
Hugs
Nadia
Post a Comment