Deisgn: All My Friends
Designer: Cherished Stitches
Fabric: As kitted
Floss: As kitted
Started: 7/10/10
Finished:7/10/10
Completed: 7/7/12
This one was a group project we stitched at the 2010 Russellville Retreat. It's done entirely over one. At the time, I hadn't stitched much over one and I struggled a bit with it. I pressed on because I loved the colors and the sweet saying. I passed this chart along to Giovanna when she won my blogoversary giveaway.
I finally got my act together and framed it right before this year's retreat. Our hostess, Belinda provided the frame so all we had to do was find the foam board/mounting board and pop it in the frame. I really can't say why I didn't do this sooner but I'm glad I finally did.
It turned out pretty good for my first attempt at framing something myself with a store bought frame. I believe the frame came from Hobby Lobby in case you are interested.
Deisgn: Be Nice
Designer: The Heart's Content
Fabric: 36 ct. Exampler by Lakeside Linens
Floss: My DMC conversion
Started: 1/15/11
Finished: 1/31/11
Completed: 5/12/12
This one I started last year at the Keepsakes Retreat. It's supposed to be stitched over one on gauze but I found this in the "free box" so all that was there was the pattern.
I went with linen instead and converted the called for silks to DMC. Nobody says you have to stitch it on gauze or with the called for silks or even over one! Yep, see what a rebel I am. LOL!
This is the first linen piece I've ever had professionally framed. I really think my framer did a super great job! I told her just to make it pretty and gave her a picture of the original. I think she picked the best frame for it. I love the beading around the outside edge! This piece just makes me smile.
Now that I think of it, it's funny to me that both of these were started at retreats and both of them were framing firsts for me. Both of them are displayed in my dining room too. How coincidential!
I hope you enjoyed seeing these two today. I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
5 comments:
I did enjoy them both! Good for you.
They're both wonderful! I especially love the Be Nice one. I love Heart's Content!
Very nice Lisa. Thanks for sharing them with us:)
Really nice frames for your lovely stitching. Great job with your choices for the thread changes. I have never stitched on gauze, as it looks too blinding for me! Thanks for sharing.
Judy heartlandstitcher
Thanks for sharing your framed pieces, Lisa--they both turned out very nicely! I just took three in to be framed yesterday--the first time I've ever used a professional framer. And now I'm worrying if I made the right choices--I'll know in a few weeks when I pick them up!!
(Sure wish every shop had a "free box!" Lucky you!!)
Post a Comment