Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Finishes x2

Well friends, I made it out of the woods!  I'm sorting out pictures and collecting my thoughts.  It was a whirlwind weekend.  Funny how you look forward to something for so long and then poof, it's over!  I'll do a separate post of the weekend's festivities later.  In the mean time, I want to show you a couple of gifts I was able to give this weekend.

Design:  Friends freebie
Designer: Cosmic Handmade
Fabric: 28 ct. Lambswool
Floss: DMC
Started: 10/25/12
Finished:  1/6/13
Completed:  1/17/13
 
I made this for my peep, Christie's birthday which is actually this coming weekend.  I wanted to give it to her early since I knew I might not see her before her special day.  The fabric in the background is what I used for the backing.
 
I changed the placement of the colors on this one by switching the dress and hair colors around.  No particular reason really.  I just thought I'd have fun with it.  For some reason I had a total mental block on the thread part of this design.  I guess the frog just wanted to visit with me or something.
 
Design: "L" from Autumn Alphabet Sampler
Designer: Lizzie Kate
Fabric: 28 ct. Lambswool
Floss:  DMC 115 & 221
Started:  1/18/13
Finished: 1/19/13
Completed: 1/19/13
 
I found out on Thursday that my peep, Linda's birthday is the same day as Christie's!  For some reason I don't think I knew that or if I did it didn't register with me.  Linda is one of the peeps that went to Shepherd's Bush with me. 
 
I had to stitch something for that girlie.  I couldn't let her special day pass without doing something.  I decided when I went home for the night on Thursday that I'd pull out my trusty Lizzie Kate alphabet charts and see what I could whip up for her. 

 
I know Linda loves red.  This combination of DMC's colors has always been a favorite of mine so I went with it!  Linda seemed to really like it.  I think it turned out cute.
 
I'm lucky enough to have a couple pieces stitched by Linda. She was my secret stitcher a couple years ago. It was fun to have the opportunity to stitch for her this time.  I love how the over one turned out on the back.
 
I've used these same alphabets for several Ott-lite fobs this past year. They work great! Who knew when I bought them that I'd get so much mileage out of them. Definitely a good purchase for sure!
 
***
 
Well folks, it's a quick post today.  I've got plenty to show you when I get the pictures ready to go.  I got surprised with several belated birthday gifts of my own and yep, there was stash enhancement too.  Overall it was a fun time.
 
Thanks for visiting with me and welcome to my new followers.  I hope you find something interesting here and will come back again to visit.  Happy Wednesday everyone!  Gotta love the short week.
 
 
More later,
 
The Inspired Stitcher
 

12 comments:

Margaret said...

Both are wonderful gifts for your friends!

Annette-California said...

Very pretty gifts you made. You did some fast stitching for the one night:) love Annette

carol fun said...

Cute cute cute! And thanks for the link to the freebie chart... I already printed it off.

Vickie said...

I have given "Friends" as a gift before too. It is so nice isn't it?!

Angi said...

Very nice stitching, the little Friends pincushin is so cute!

Giovanna said...

Lovely gifts! Your friends will love them :-)

Lisa V said...

Both such lovely gifts you stitched, love the friends pillow!

Carol said...

I know your stitching friends will love and appreciate all the work that went into these cute gifts, Lisa! One of my friends stitched the first one for me last year and I just love it :)

Judy said...

Very nice little stitches for your friend's birthdays. I've stitched the frends design and made it into a cute little pillow. When I finished it--I noticed I'd put 2 d's in friends! So had to redo--but so glad I saw it before giving it as a gift! Can you imagine?

Will be watching for your retreat update.

Judy heartland stitcher

Annie said...

Your little friend-gifts are so adorable, and I am sure will be very much loved:)
So nice you had wonderful times and you will have lovely memories to cherish.
Looking forward to your retreat adventure later on:)

Many hugs, take care,
Anette & Skruttan

Siobhán said...

Such lovely gifts for your friends, Lisa! I'm sure they'll appreciate them. I'm looking forward to your weekend recap!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Beautiful stitching!
Your blog is lovely.