Friday, January 11, 2013

TUSAL January

Well folks, it's time for the first TUSAL of the new year!  For those just joining us, TUSAL stands for Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long.

On or about the new moon each month I will post a picture of my ORT (Old Ratty Thread) pile along with my ORT report.  For me, participating in the TUSAL gives me a reason to pause and check in with my stitching progress once a month. 

This year I've put a link in my side bar that will take you to all the information about the TUSAL in case you want to learn more about it or join in the fun.  It looks like this (below).


It will take you here.  Thanks to Daffycat for providing it for us to use.  So without further adieu, here is this month's ORT (old ratty thread) pile and the ORT report follows.


January ORT pile

This months contributors were:

"Gingerbread Mouse" limited edition kit by Just Nan (Done!)
"Hornbook Bestiary" by Scarlet Letter (In progress)
"P" Ott-lite fob using Lizzie Kate letter & Stitchy Kitty frog (Done!)
"Quaker Scissor Case" by Barbara Bernard (In progress)
"John Foster 1885 Sampler" by Historic Stitches (In progress)
Cosmic Handmade freebie (To be completed)

From the looks of the ORT pile, it's safe to say there's been a lot of stitching going on around here and that would be a true statement!  This year is off to a good start.  I hope your ORT pile is growing nicely and your year is off to a good start too.

Welcome to my new followers.  I hope you find something interesting and inspiring here.  Thank you to everyone for their visits and comments.  You all really do make my day!  Happy weekend everyone!!

Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher



5 comments:

Giovanna said...

I don't save my ORTs, but I enjoy seeing the TUSALs - you're off to a flying start this year, well done.

Annette-California said...

Yep you've been busy alright:) Great wips you've got going.
love Annette

Siobhán said...

Nice orts! I keep mine in a little sewing pocket I hang on my chair. I need to empty it and put the strings out for birds as they make their nests.

Have a good weekend!

Nicola said...

What a pretty label for your jar. You have been busy and have some lovely projects on the go.

DJH said...

Amazing amount of Orts! Great job.