Pardon the fold lines. I didn't bother to get the iron out for this picture. It really doesn't look like much at this point anyway. This is the width and length of it so far. Can you guess what it is?
Remember the floss toss from Christmas?
Here's an update on the Quaker Scissor Case I started on my birthday. I worked on this all day and into the night on New Year's Eve. I stitched until I couldn't see anymore and finally put it down a little bit before the ball dropped. It won't take much to get the blue motif done. Maybe I'll give it a go tonight. I really like variegation in this blue!
***
Since I missed posting my 2012 tally on both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, I'll give it to you now. I'm a numbers girl as some of you know. I always find it interesting to go back and count up what I've done. So here 'tis:
New Starts: 50
Finishes: 45
UFOs (unfinished objects): 16
WIPs (works in progress): 11
Just for giggles, I decided to count how many gifts and exchanges I stitched last year too. I've not done that before and Lisa V inspired me to do it this year. Just about half of what I finished, I gave away.
Gifts stitched: 11
Exchanges: 9
I was also lucky enough to attend four stitching retreats last year. The first one was hosted by our LNS last January, the second one was my annual trip to Russellville, Kentucky, the third one was to Shepherd's Bush and the final one was the local Tiara Club Retreat.Speaking of retreats, the LNS's retreat is coming up in two weeks! I can hardly wait. Thankfully I live just around the corner from the retreat site so I'll be a day-tripper again this year. I can't wait to see what trunk shows will be there this time and you know there will be stash enhancement! Oh yes there will! LOL!
Well folks, that's it from this side of the computer screen today. I hope everyone is having a good New Year so far! Thank you so much for your friendship and visits. I'm looking forward to a very stitch filled 2013!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
13 comments:
I haven't had a chance to start yet. Maybe Friday. It's looking good.
Lovely new starts Lisa. The Quaker scissor wip I am stitching that too:) Love it. Yep you had a great year of stitching for 2012 and 2013 you will have lots of pretty wips to show done. love Annette
Oh you're lucky to go to a retreat locally! Love your new start. John Foster seems very popular all of a sudden. Love your Quaker scissor fob too! That's something I hope to stitch someday too.
John Foster is a wonderful sampler. Looking forward to following your progress. Lucky you to have a retreat so close to your home.
I have John Foster in my stash for this year too! Hmmm... gonna follow your progress! Hugs!
Very impressive numbers!
Love the new start, I shall be watching your progress.
It's nice to know my little blog post was an inspiration for you.
Hugs dear friend.
Lovely new start, and nice going on the WIP - and well done on your 2012 accomplishments.
Love your new start, and your WIP looks great! I love John Foster. Congrats on your 2012 accomplishments!
thank for the beautuful pictures !
bisous from France
marylin
Congratulations on such a productive stitching year, Lisa! It's been fun following along on your journey and I look forward to 2013... You're off to a great start with John Foster :)
Looking good!!!!! On all accounts!!!!
Post a Comment