I'm back as promised to share what Santa brought to me this year. I had a very stitchy Christmas!
First up, the new book I've been reading! It's called Berlin Work: Samplers & Embroidery of the Nineteenth Century by Raffaela Serena. It even came with the full size chart of the cover piece. It's a juicy read packed full of history and really beautiful charts! Needless to say I'm in heaven.
Having just finished my own Berlin work sampler, I'm hungry to devour all I can find on the subject right now. I really enjoyed that piece and can foresee myself stitching more in this style.
Speaking of stitching, Santa hooked me up with a wonderful silk floss toss for my January 1st start! I can't tell you what it is yet. It's a surprise. I can tell you that several of my peeps are going to join me in stitching this one. It's going to be a fun project!
I was also gifted with the Hornbook Bestiary Sampler kit by Scarlet Letter. I chose the silk version! The colors are just wonderful!
Here's my progress so far! I spent Christmas evening and all the next day stitching on it while it snowed! It's worked over one in tent stitch on 35ct. linen.
My honey says the angel looks like a flying monkey. He's so silly! It won't look that way once I give the angel some hair. LOL! I chose to work some outlines first and then I'll go back and fill in the colors. It kind of reminds me of a coloring book page at this point. It's been a fun stitch so far!
I was invited to join Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year SAL and this is my piece I'll be stitching on. It's my first ever Scarlet Letter too. So stay tuned, you'll be seeing more of this one and the one I'm doing with the peeps!
Well folks, that's it for now. I'm going back to my stitching nest to put some more floss into linen. I hope you are having a great day today!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
10 comments:
Way to go, Santa! =) You have some lovely things...I can't wait to see what your New Year's start is. Those colors are gorgeous! I think the angel looks like a flying bunch of grapes at this point, LOL! Over one on 35-count...that's serious! At least it's tent stitch!
Ooooh don't you love Raffaela Serena's book? I have 3 of her books, including the one you just got. I too had studied Berlin works.
I could go on and on...Your new wip is looking beautiful already.
love Annette
TRES BONNE ANNEE 2013 !
BISOUS FROM FRANCE ! Marylin
Beautiful pressies, you must have been a very good girl.
Nice presents all! I'm curious about your new start with the NPI floss. Can't wait to see! Love that Hornbook Bestiary! I have to save up for that kit. The Berlinwork book looks lovely too! Happy New Year!
Great stitchy gifts. Ok I have to admit that the angel looks like a pinecone with wings and a face...LOL
Lovely gifts, and lovely start - a very happy stitchy 2013 to you!
Such lovely gifts--you well deserve them, Lisa :) The comment by your DH on the angel sounds just like something one of my sons or husband would make! They just don't get it, do they??!!
Happy New Year to you--hope it is filled with joy :)
Lovely presents! Oh, I could go for a buch of those gorgeous silks:)
The Berlin book is fantastic, have that and two others from Rafaella.
They are a fantastic recourse and I am sure you will have many fun hours looking though your new book.
(P.s I am starting up my Antique Berlin Sampler this week, so excited:)
Love the Hornbook Bestiary, it is one of my favourites with Scarlet Letter. I will very much enjoy seing your progress on this project, Good Luck and have great fun!
And a little late, Happy Birthday!:):)
Hugs fron
Anette and Skruttan the cat.
Post a Comment