Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Shelby

I know some of you are going to think I'm crazy but please just indulge me a bit.  All the animal lovers out there will understand.  This isn't going to be a stitchy post.  Today is our Shelby's 1st birthday!  I can hardly believe it! 


This is one of my favorite baby pictures of her. It was taken on February 2nd. She was 7 weeks old and it was four days after we got her.  Just look at that cuteness!

Here she is today...one year old!  I treated her tonight to a new rawhide bone and a cut up cheese stick with her kibble.

It's been a crazy year having a furbaby again.  After four years with no critter, it took some adjusting to get used to having a high energy pup underfoot again.  How quickly you forget all the antics of a puppy.  Especially a Dalmatian!  We knew what we were getting into though.  She's our second one and I grew up with one.

I've noticed lately she seems to be mellowing out quite a bit and has become quite the velcro dog.  She is my constant companion when I'm home.  If I stand still she leans, if I go to another room she is right beside me, if I'm on the couch or chair she's in my lap.  I wouldn't have it any other way either.  She's the first dog I've ever had that has chosen me to be her person.  I had a cat once that did that but not a dog.

Happy Birthday, my sweet girl!  I love ya more than words can say!

We'll resume the regularly expected stitchy posts next time.  I couldn't resist sharing this milestone today.  Thank you for indulging me!


More later,

The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

Marsha said...

Happy Happy birthday dear sweet Shelby!

stitchinpeanut said...

I can't believe it ... time has gone by so fast. She is adorable... Happy Birthday lil girl!

Nicola said...

Traditional Happy Birthday Song Lyrics
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday Dear Shelby
Happy Birthday to You.

Barb said...

You are so lucky! Love Shelby every single day!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie she is! Happy birthday, Shelby!

Robin in Virginia
rlbrowninva @ gmail.com

Deborah said...

Happy first birthday, Shelby!

Mouse said...

happpy birthday to youuuuuu happy birthday to yooooooooo sung by Master Bentley ...lol
love the photos and can't believe how much you have grown ... love mouse xxxxx

Marilyn said...

Happy B-Day Shelby!!!!
She's really grown up now.
Marilyn

Lisa V said...

WOW, she has definately grown into her spots! hehe.
Happy Birthday Shelby.

Margaret said...

Oh that is just so sweet!! What a pretty girl she has grown into too! Happy birthday to Shelby!!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Shelby! You are one beautiful young lady :)

And how nice that she chose you to be her special person, Lisa!

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday Shelby! I too, think dogs are a real gift Lisa.

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Shelby. Still a cutie!