Design: 2012 Antique Sampler
Designer: Ellen Maurer-Stroh
Fabric: 40 ct. cream linen
Floss: DMC as charted
Stitching Started: 1/9/12
Designer: Ellen Maurer-Stroh
Fabric: 40 ct. cream linen
Floss: DMC as charted
Stitching Started: 1/9/12
Stitching Finished: 12/5/12
I am in awe just looking at it. This is my very first large sampler finish ever! I can assure you this will not be the last either. I couldn't be more pleased. I've already got plans for the next one percolating.
December's "Assignment"
Started: 12/1/12
Finished: 12/5/12
This part was my "assignment" for December. I worked ahead on the borders so I wouldn't have as much to do. I knew this time of year would be busy and I'm so glad I did it. It really helped!
I look at this sampler and I have so many memories stitched into each section. I stitched the peacock at the Keepsakes Retreat in January. Everyone who saw me stitching it went crazy over it! I even inspired a couple people to want to stitch it too just by seeing my start!
In April I was so sick when I stitched the yellow bird. My stitching helped me feel "normal" as much as I could feeling so bad. I was so pleased to see that section done because it meant I was a third of the way done!
The easiest motif to stitch was the mushrooms in spite of having to switch out the colors in order for them to show up. I'm still pleased with my choices. I can't imagine this sampler without them either. I love them! I also love to eat them but that's another story for another time. LOL!
The most challenging parts were the top and bottom borders. I love how the top and bottom change direction. There are also a lot of color changes in those flowers and leaves. There are four to five different greens in each leaf and five different colors in each flower! Not conting the two different browns in the stems. So that means there are 21 different colors in each repeat!
Oh and the day I finished the dog, was a happy day too. I remember when I started we didn't have our sweet girl, Shelby. I chose this sampler because of the dog. Maybe it was fate that we got our Shelby because I was subconsciously wishing for it. I'll never know.
Then there were the butterflies that attracted me to this sampler too. I remember stitching the first butterfly while on vacation with my honey for your anniversary in Newburg, New York! I even stitched butterflies in the car as we traveled back home. Oh yes, I did!
I remember stitching the big cabbage roses and thinking they were just a big pink blob until I stood back from them. Wow, did that shading really work its magic on those roses! They remind me of the roses that used to bloom near the porch of my childhood home. Sweet, sweet memories!
There's just so much I love about this sampler! I've said it from the beginning and I'll say it now, I've loved each and every stitch of the sampler. Every. Single. One!
I'm also so glad I chose to stitch this on 40ct. I wouldn't have wanted to stitch it on any other count. I wouldn't have gotten the same effect if I had. It really pops the colors and intensifies the stitches. I've received so much positive feedback on that very choice too.
Since you know I love numbers, here are a few to chew on. I worked on this sampler a total of approximately 81 days or so. Some months I didn't work on it every day so that number might be off in reality. The average amount of days it took to complete an assignment was 7. It took longer to work on it in the months of June, October, and November. I did a fair amount of traveling those months and didn't take the sampler with me. Not too shabby, I'd say!
I really enjoyed the way this SAL was structured. It really was freeing to be able to expect my "assignment" on the 1st of each month and then know that when I finished it up I could move onto other things without guilt. It really worked for me. It also motivated me too!
Thank you so much Ellen Maurer-Stroh for designing such a wonderful sampler and most of all for making it free too!
Thank you to all of you, my dear readers, for your constant encouragement and visits. Also thanks to my peeps for being my cheerleaders too. You all rock!
IT'S DONE!!!!!

27 comments:
hi Lisa,
Let me be the first to congratulate you. Well done! Woot! Please bring it to show-n-tell at Stitchaway!
Martha
That turned out soooooooooo pretty Lisa!
Congrats on your BAP finish.
Marilyn
Congratulations! Many great memories to cherish with this sampler!
Congratulations on a beautiful finish!
What a masterpiece!!! It's just gorgeous! Congratulations on such a wonderful finish!
Congratulations Lisa!
It's just beautiful.
I haven't felt that rush after finishing for a long time. I am looking forward to it.
:o)
WOW! That is quite an accomplishment!
Beautiful!
Your all done:)))))) It's gorgeous Lisa! Congratulations!!! I enjoyed reading your post as well as seeing all your lovely photos. It really is GORGEOUS.
love Annette
Well done, a finish to be very proud of. I love the design and the colours. It is going to look amazing framed and hung in pride of place.
Have you chosen you Scarlet Letter Chart ???
What a beautiful sampler! Lovely designs and wonderful stitching. Congratualtions!
So wonderfully gorgeous!
The finished sampler is beautiful. I agree about the 40 count fabric. Congratulation on this gorgeous accomplishment! Paved the way for the scarlet letter sampler.
Judy heartland stitcher
It's done.....and it's beautiful!!!!
YAY!! It's just beautiful, Lisa--love studying each of those tiny motifs...Congratulations!!
Beautiful finish!
Well done. It does look so good and inspires me to try 40 count too. Love the Snoopy dance!
Fee
Congratulations Lisa, its a beauty!
Congratulations on the beautiful finish!
Lisa, I'm so excited fr you!! It's stunning. You must be absolutely thrilled with it. Congratulations!!
Congratulations! You did a beautiful job : )
Good for you. It is so pretty.
Beautiful. Congratulations on a wonderful finish!
yahhhhhhoooooo :) way to go girl .... just catching up ... it looks FABULOUUUUUSSSSS :) love mouse xxxxx
WoW! Congrats!!
Your finished sampler is so so beautiful and heavenly stitched, love the different motifs and your stories behind them:)
I have my own sampler to stitch and your finish is really a big boost for me.
Thank You for the lovely post, hugs,
Anette
WOO HOO Lisa! Great finish! It turned out so beautiful!
Fantastic!!! VVell done you!
I love all the little close-ups and the stories about each piece. It's like a journal in stitched form.
You should be very proud of yourself and get plenty of pleasure from viewing it on your wall.
Congrats on your finish, it's fabulous!!
Post a Comment