Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Party - Ornaments & Secret Stitcher Reveal

I hope you enjoyed all the show & tell goodies yesterday.  Today I'm going to wind it up with all the ornaments.  This is going to be another long post!

We had three trees full of ornaments this year.  One was for the Secret Stitcher ornaments and two were full of exchange ornaments!


Let's start with the Secret Stitcher tree.   This year we had seven people participating.  All year long we try very hard to keep it a secret who the person is we are sending RAK gifts to.  For the Christmas party we each make an ornament to give to our Secret Stitcher and reveal our identities.

The coordinator of the program goes up to the tree and pulls an ornament off and asks "who made this ornament?"  If it's yours, you go claim it and take it to your person and wish them a Merry Christmas.  Most folks also save their final RAK gift to give at this time too.  I got doubly spoiled because I have a birthday that falls between the holidays.

Our "tree topper" was made by my peep, Amanda for Evie.  Amanda couldn't be at the party and we really missed her.

This was made by my peep, Linda for Christie.

This was made by Marsha G. for Mary.

I made this one for Marsha G.

My peep, Christie made this for Linda.

This was made by Mary for Amanda.

This was made by my peep, Evie for me.
I shared this freebie pattern with her earlier this year.

I always like to make an ornament as a thank you to the person who has been sending to me all year.  This one went to Evie.

When Linda and I went to Morgantown I had just started this one.  I knew she knew who was sending to me and she knew who I was sending to.  So I asked her which one would like it best.

Turns out she was right, Evie would like it best because she is a cat lover and used to show cats.  How cool is that?!  Thank you again, Evie!  You gave me a grand spoiling all year long!  I had so much fun!

***
Let's get to the exchange ornaments now!  Here are the "elves" that passed out the exchange ornaments this year.  I just love these two ladies.  I want to be just like them when I grow up.

Here's how we do the exchange. When you first get there you put your name on a tag that goes on your ornament and then your name is put on a slip of paper in the basket.  Then one of these two pulls a random ornament off the tree.  To start out, the other pulls a name out of the basket.  If your name is pulled then you get the ornament and you pull the next name.

The ornament exchange is totally optional.  This year out of 42 party attendees, half made ornaments!  This is the most we've had in recent years.  It was so cool to have two trees full this time!

As I did for show and tell, if I know who made the ornament I'll chime in.  There was so much excitement I didn't catch who made them all and there were a bunch!  I don't think I got pictures of them all either.  Here they are in no particular order.



This one was made by Linda.  It's from one of the JCS issues.

I believe this one was made by Marsha.  Sorry for the craptastic pic.

This one was made by Diane.  I love her tiny signature letters.

This one was made by Evie using another freebie pattern I'd shared with her.
It's so t-i-n-y on 40 ct!

This was made by Patti.

I think Christie made this one.


This was made by Mary and it was inspired by one I worked on last year and never finished.  Hmm...I ought to do that.


You'll remember this one, it was my final ornament.

My peep, Paula was the recipient.  I'm so glad she got it!
This is the one I got!  Funny thing, it was made by Marsha G who was the person I sent Secret Stitcher packages to all year long.  Now how cool is that?!

***

Well folks, we've come to the end of the festivities!  As you can see it was a grand party.  I had such a great time and many wonderful memories were made that day.  I truly belong to a group of very talented generous stitchers.  I value these ladies as some of my closest personal friends.  I can't wait to do it all again next year!

Thanks for staying with me on these lengthy posts.  I hope you've found some inspiration here.  I know my "must stitch" list has increased as a result of seeing all this goodness in person.  Have a wonderful day everyone!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

13 comments:

Margaret said...

Ooooh so much fun! What a great party this must have been! Loved seeing all the ornaments, both secret stitcher and exchange!

Nicola said...

Thank you for sharing the party. I have really enjoyed seeing all the ornaments, so inspiring.

Vickie said...

That is really special that you got Marsha's. =)

Carol said...

Really enjoyed seeing everyone's ornaments, Lisa--what a talented bunch of stitching friends you have. I've spotted several that I will put on my "must stitch" list... You were very spoiled by your secret stitcher all year--enjoy all those goodies :)

brod'attitude said...

Very beautiful ornements

Anonymous said...

What fabulous eye candy you shared with us, Lisa! Like carol said, I saw some ornaments that I must add to my 'must stitch' list!

Have a great weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Laurie in Iowa said...

What a terrific party and all of the ornaments are beautiful. You've got a talented bunch of stitchers.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

How fun!!! Nothing better than a ornament that was made with love!!!
Linda

Fee said...

Can't believe I skipped out on 3 of your posts, Oh what a feast I just had now! I love love your blog, and hey you are looking extremely well with your BAP, what a great photo. Those ladies definitely produce beautiful work and as you say you are lucky to have a stitcherhood like that to share and grow with, so thanks for sharing them on your blog with us all!

Fee

Judy said...

Just catching up with your last few posts. Happy birthday to Shelby. Oh and to as well when your day gets here!
Thanks for sharing all the fun things from your festivities. It is such a fun time of the year. Love seeing all the ornaments and other things.

Judy heartland stitcher

Shirlee said...

Lovely ornaments : )

Siobhán said...

Wow, what amazing ornaments! Your guild seems to be full of very nice and talented women--lucky you! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Annette-California said...

Lisa I've read this post about 5 times - LOVE IT. WOW! every time I was going to comment I got interrupted. I love seeing all the ornaments. Oh the ladies and you did such a beautiful job. I am going to be coming back and looking at these again:)))))))) Thank you so much for all the photos. love Annette