Saturday, December 29, 2012

A post from the birthday girl

Yep folks, I'm another year older today!  It's been a lazy day but a good one.  I spent the day wrapped up in a blanket stitching and reading a new book.  I started the day being greeted by this!

A beautiful snowy sunrise!  Yes, I'm one of those nuts that loves snow.  I know, not everyone likes the white stuff but I can't help myself, I do!  I get almost giddy when it snows.  It's true!

Seriously though, isn't this some really pretty snow?!  I just love it when it sticks to the trees and falls down like you are in a snow globe!

This is another thing that greeted me this morning.  A sweet card from my honey.  I just love those roses on its cover.  I think this may well be the prettiest birthday card I've ever gotten.

The other thing that greeted me was this birthday surprise package from my peep, Patti.  It actually came in the mail yesterday.  I was a good girl though and waited until this morning to open it.  So what was inside you ask?  Let's see!

A stuffed Disney Dalmatian, a homemade scissor case and a nice pair of scissors.  Patti also wrote the sweetest note to me in the card.  It brought tears to my eyes it was so nice!

Somebody was quite intrigued by the "puppy" that came out of the box too.  She kept trying to lick it!  Needless to say the new puppy is sitting high atop the buffet where I can see it from the living room and someone can't get to it.  LOL! 

Here's a closer picture of the scissors and their case!  Aren't they awesome?  I had admired the scissor case my peep, Marsha had received from Linda as a Secret Stitcher gift.  Now I have one of my very own in pink!!!

Thank you, dear friend.  It meant a lot to me that you remembered.  You'll have to wait another couple days before you can open the present I sent you!  Yes, Patti and I share birthdays during the holiday season and we sympathize with each other about it.  LOL!

I decided to put my new scissors to good use and treated myself to a new start for my birthday.  It's a tradition of mine.  I've had this one hanging out in the basket o'joy for a couple years now.

I was inspired by Faye's Quaker Motif Scissor Pocket by Barbara Bernard.  I contacted Barbara a couple years ago and acquired the chart.  I even kitted it up and that's about as far as I got until today!  It was screaming my name so I listened!

Here's my progress as of this afternoon when the light was good.  I've since stitched the whole motif at the bottom and am ready to start another one.  Yes, I've had a proper case of stitch ass all day long and I'm quite pleased with myself too.  After all, it is my birthday dontcha know!

I'm using a combination of the recommended flosses and some of the ones Faye chose.  I picked a piece of 32ct Country French Latte for the linen from the stash.  It's a bit bigger than I expected so I'm thinking I'll use it as a tool pouch to hold more than just my scissors!

My folks came down late this afternoon and stayed until dark.  Today is their wedding anniversary!  Yes, I was their present a long time ago. We had a nice visit and some ice cream too!

I've also had several emails today from my peeps with birthday wishes too.  I have to say I am humbled so many people remembered this year.  I am deeply touched.  Your thoughtfulness means the world to me.  More than words can say really!  Thank you all!

I had grand plans to go into the capitol city today but the impending snow kept us close to home.  Maybe we'll try again next week.  I have a hankering for Schmidt's Sausage Haus' autobahn buffet and a trip to Cross My Heart's shop!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can actually make it there.  It's supposed to snow again next week too.

Well folks that's it from here. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  Santa was very good to me this year!  I'll share what he brought in another post soon.  Thanks for visiting with me on my special day today!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

18 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Happy Birthday!

Christie said...

Happy Birthday again!! Glad you had a good day. Perfect gift from Patti. Love the Quaker case you are working on. HUGS!!

marly said...

Happy Birthday to you! I love the pocket you're working on. Very nice gifts. We're loaded with snow and expecting more.

carol fun said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! The snow was so pretty today. I love that Quaker Motif Scissors pocket - so unique!

Lisa V said...

Happy Birthday Lisa.
I wish I could look out my window and see lovely snow like that, instead I'm in an air conditioned house as its 41 degrees and sweltering hot outside. YUCK!!
All the best on your special day and Happy New Year.

Giovanna said...

Many Happy Returns! I'm glad you had such a nice stitchy day - the new start is lovely.

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! Love the two dalmations. ;) And your new start!

Margaret said...

Happy happy birthday! Love your present and your new start too! Glad you enjoyed the snow.

Ellen said...

Belated birthday greetings, Lisa. Looks like your buddies treated you very well. (Funny about your being born on your parents'anniversary....our daughter was exactly a month after ours).

Like you I love to stitch on a snowy day...just add a fire. It's particularly nice this time of year with the Christmas tree lights also on. Think that's how I spend this afternoon.

Good start on your new project.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Lisa! I really like the picture of Shelby and the little stuffed puppy. I will join you in the snow loving department.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday weekend!

Robin in Virginia
rlbrowninva @ gmail.com

Maggee said...

Happy Birthday! What a great day it was! And will be, when you go eat and shop too! Look forward to seeing that Quaker scissor pocket. Hugs!

Faye said...

Happy happy birthday!!!!! Your progress is great on the scissors pocket! Thanks for mentioning me...... Happy to enable! Happy new year, Faye

Fee said...

Happy Birthday to you, from a very wet Somerset UK! Your start looks lovely and what a lovely present, Shelby looks adorable. Hope you get to the sausage house and stitch shop soon.
Fee

Peggy Lee said...

Happiest of Birthdays to you Lisa! Yes that card is absolutely lovely. So sweet that you were born on your parent's anniversary.
Awesome gifts from your birthday buddy.
The snow is pretty but I can do without it. I get my fill from looking at blogs like yours.
Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.
~hugs

Karen said...

Happy birthday... looks like it was a good one! Happy new year and happy stitching....

Carol said...

♫♪♫ Happy Birthday, dear Lisa ♫♪♫

Well, I may be a day late, but my wish is still the same... I hope the coming year brings much good health and happiness to you!! It is hard having a birthday so close to Christmas, I'm sure!!

Your Scissor Pocket will be so pretty when finished--I love those colors!! So glad Santa was good to you this year :)

Mouse said...

HAPPPPPPYYYYY birthday and congratulations to mum and dad on their wedding anniversary too :) lovely gifts you got too and me thinks a certain Miss Shelby will be having a new toy if you are not careful ..lol
love fresh snow too :) love mouse xxxxxx

Nicola said...

A belated happy birthday. Beautiful photos of the snow and your gifts.