Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Party - Gifts Received

 
When I got to the Guild Christmas party on Saturday my place at the table looked as though Santa had already visited! Check it out!  Everyone had a bag of charts at their place setting.  These were the ones in my bag!
 
Everyone also got a spiral notebook that was personalized with our guild's name and the year.  Once of the board members even wrote a couple little notes of inspiration in each of them. 

 
The party committee stitched one of these mini jars filled with hard candy for every attendeee! 


I'm told they don't care if they ever see that snowman's face again.  I can only imagine.  I'm giving you each a "Wonder Woman" cape.  You go girls!!  LOL!

Later in the day I actually won a door prize!  Look at these wonderful things by In The Company of Friends!   I believe these were donated by The Silver Needle too.

This gift is from my peep, Christie.  It's a handmade jewelry pouch filled with chocolate goodness!  It's pink too!!! This will be perfect for taking with me on my next trip.   Love it! 

My dear friend Ellen gifted me with this neat fat quarter that has saying about friendship on it.  She thought I could use it in my finishing sometime.  I'm sure I will too!


This lovely came from my peep, Linda who I traveled with to Shepherd's Bush and Morgantown, WV.  She knows I love all things Paris!  Look at all that wonderful glittery goodness.  She's also the one who hooked me on Starbucks' salted carmel hot chocolate too.  Yum!


This little cutie came from my peep, Patti.  I love that the box is also decorative.  I plan to sit it out as part of my holiday decorating.  Look how tiny that salt cellar is!


Here's a closer picture of the stitched piece.  Patti put it in an antique salt cellar she got at the Russellville antiques shop on our trip together this summer.  I knew she was up to something when she shooed me away from the counter that day.  Sneaky devil!  Isn't it cute?!  That's a counting pin on the left.


I got this gift from my peep, Marsha on Friday night at the LNS stitch-in.  Isn't that basket the cutest?!  I wish the blog had a way for you to smell that wonderful candle.  Oh it is just so yummy!  She said it is called orange blossom.  I love the mints and floss too!
 
***
 
While I'm on the subject of gifts.  My seceret stitcher spoiled me with an early birthday present  too.  I had gotten up from the table to go somewhere and when I came back I found this!  It had a pretty ribbon on it but I'd already pulled it off before I thought to snap this picture.
 
I can not tell you how thrilled I was that she remembered my birthday early!   I'm always so humbled when someone remembers.  Want to see what's inside?

 
Check this out!  It's a "foam" quilt kit.   I love that she chose a bee too!  I actually looked at these when I was in Shipshewanna last month.  Turns out that's where she got it when she and her honey went on a weekend getaway the weekend before I was there.

 
Later at the party I found out who my person was!  It was my buddy, Evie!  She was one of the peeps that went with me to Shepherd's Bush.  She's the one in the red shirt beside me.  I'm told by both Linda (in the green) and Patti (in the blue) that a lot of secret stitcher shopping went on in Utah!  How funny is that?! 
 

Here's what she gave me for my Christmas present.  I love the December note pad.  Look at that tiny Dalmatian on the necklace.  It's a tiny bell!  Evie told me she got the sheep necklace kit in Utah at Shepherd's Bush's shop.

I had wanted to buy one but they were sold out when I went looking for it.  Turns out someone had already snatched one up for me.  Tee Hee!!  Love that!  The ornament in the picture is what she made me for the reveal.  More on that later!

Thank you so much, Evie!  You truly made my year very special having you as my Secret Stitcher!

 
Speaking of birthday gifts, this one was from my peep, Christie.  She spoiled me with the Just Nan limited edition Gingerbread Mouse kit with the fabric and some Hello Kitty Jelly Bellys!  Do my peeps know me or what?!

I've already started and finished the sheep necklace kit from Evie and I'm almost done with the mouse kit too.  I'll show you those another day.
 
My friends really know how to make a person feel cared for and spoiled.  They are a truly special group and I'm so honored to have them all in my life.  Thank you to all of you for these wonderful special gifts.  You girls are the best!  Seriously!
 
This year's party really had a warm feeling to it.  I can't exactly put my finger on it but there really was a sense of comraderie I hadn't felt in years past.  Thanks to Evie and all her helpers for a wonderful memory filled day!  I truly had a great time.
 
***
 
Well folks, this post has gotten quite lengthy so I'm going to stop for now.  I still have plenty of wonderful ornaments I want to share with you and an amazing amount of Show and Tell too.   I may have to split them into two separate posts.  It was seriously a big day!  Stay tuned!
 
 
More later,
 
The Inspired Stitcher

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! You were certainly spoiled at the party!!! Fantastic gifts! And how much fun is that that you found out who your secret stitcher was? No wonder she did such a good job! :D

Vickie said...

ooOoo! That is a lot of goodies!! That notebook is really special.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Wow, what a wonderful party and your gifts are wonderful too. Christmas will seem dull in comparison. Enjoy!

Shirlee said...

What wonderful gifts & party! So glad you had a great time : )

Mouse said...

ooooo what a fab party .. fabulous gifts you got and you got the wee mouse from Just Nan SQUEEEE ..lol

nice to see you all too ... :) love mouse xxxxx

Nicola said...

Gosh so many gifts that you must feel that Christmas has come early.

Stitchers have the kindest most generous hearts.

denise said...

wow,what a lot of goodie!! you really racked up. sounds like it was fun! denise

Carol said...

What a special group of stitching friends you are blessed with, Lisa! I'm sure you're still smiling over those lovely gifts :)

Andrea said...

Just wonderful!

Have a Happy Christmas.