Since I finished the BAP I had plenty of time to complete my last commitment ornament last night too! This one will be for the guild's ornament exchange. Yesterday was a day filled with finishes. Love that!
Design: My Little Christmas Gift (1999 JCS Ornaments issue)
Designer: Little by Little
Fabric: 40ct. Parchment
Floss: DMC as charted (one over two)
Started: 11/24/12
Finished: 11/29/12
Completed: 12/5/12
The fabric in the background is what I used for backing. Yes, it's the same fabric I used for my stitching pouch I made earlier this year. I really wish I'd bought more of it!
I decided to do the hanger a little differently than I usually do. I wanted to have little fluffy knots show on the front of the ornament. If the recipient doesn't like the hanger she can snip it off and have a cute little pillow to display.
As of now, I'm ready for the guild's Christmas party on Saturday! I'm so glad. I accomplished exactly what I had hoped to get done...all the ornaments and the BAP for show and tell. I can hardly wait now!
The next two days are going to be filled with holiday festivities. Tomorrow night is both my department's holiday gathering and the LNS's monthly stitch-in and cookie exchange! Then as I already mentioned, Saturday brings the guild's Christmas party.
I'll be sure to take pictures of all the show and tell at the guild party as well as all the ornaments. We are going to have a grand time!
Thank you so much for your visit with me today. I know we are all busy at this time of year and I appreciate your stopping by.
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher
9 comments:
ohhh well done ... your needles are steaming ... enjoy your party etc etc and looking forward to the photos .. and guess what got some up from harrogate :) don't ask me how though ..lol :) love mouse xxxx
I love it! Beautiful finishing, and I love the design!! Have fun with all the holiday festivities!
Its gorgeous, I love all the attention to detail and thought that has gone into the finishing.
Enjoy your holiday celebrations.
What an adorable ornament. I like how you did the hanger--your cording is always so beautiful.
Enjoy your holiday gatherings. I have been wondering how your LNS owner is doing..hope all is well.
Thanks for sharing.
Judy heartland stitcher
Such a lovely elegant ornament Lisa. Hope you have lots of fun and make sure you ware a piece of jewelry or something that sparkles. Because You've had a dazzling year of sparkling finishes/stitching:)))
Happy Holidays. love Annette
What a pretty finish! I have loved that ornament since it was published, and the finishing is fantastic. I hope you have a lot of fun at your holiday festivities. I can't wait to see the pictures!
What a delightful ornament - it's on my to-do list too :-) Well done.
So satisfying to produce a little piece after a mahoosive BAP! Enjoy your your xmassy jaunts at the weekend.
Fee
Such a pretty ornament, Lisa!! Sure wish I could say I had stitched my last one--I am SO, SO behind with work and family obligations as well as my son's surgery (let's put it this way--a born nurse, I am not!!)...
I'm sure you had a great time at the guild party on Saturday :)
Post a Comment