
I've been invited to join Nicola and Jo over at Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year blog. Nicola is turning the big 5-0 this year. So to celebrate she's invited folks to come stitch Scarlet Letter samplers all year long with her!
I've had several on my wish list for a while now. This was just the kick in the pants I needed to get one off the list and into my hands. So which one did I pick you ask? Well first let's look at the contenders!
I have a thing for hornbooks, I always have! So it was a no-brainer that this was the one I chose. I've always loved it and now I can't wait to stitch it.
I plan to ask for this for Christmas. If I don't get it at Christmas, then I'll order it on my birthday. Yep, having a birthday at the holiday season can be a curse most of the time. However, in this case it might work out to be a blessing or at least a second chance to get this kit/chart. LOL!
I've already got another sampler in mind to start in the new year with some of the peeps as a SAL and I didn't want to commit to another BAP on top of that. I think this will fit the bill nicely. It seems to me to be a manageable size. It's also got the colors of my living room in it too so I know exactly where this will hang when it's finished.
The invitation to join this group comes at a good time too. I just printed off the last "assignment" for my Ellen Maurer-Stroh BAP. I hope to get a lot of stitching time in on it this weekend. My goal is to have the BAP done by next Saturday. Now I'll have the Scarlet Letter Hornbook to fill the void.
So there you have it folks, that's what I've been up to. Have you started thinking about what you'll stitch next year? If you have, tell me in the comments. I'd love to hear all about it!
I hope everyone has a good weekend and gets some stitching time in too. Thank you so much for visiting with me today!
Until next time,
The Inspired Stitcher





11 comments:
Oohh, i like the one you picked. I had a very hard time picking one for myself last year. Can't wait to see it in person. Love the rich colors.
Great choice! I would have had a hard time picking one from that gorgeous bunch :-)
Have a great weekend.
Good choice and can't wait to see your finished one. This is the first year that I have just requested gift cards from everyone and I included stitchy stores too. Having to bring everything from the states back to Germany will be hard enough so I want to make all my available space count (pun intended) I haven't stitched any Scarlett Letters but think I need to add some to my wish list
Donna
Such a beautiful sampler you selected Lisa. Very exciting! Hope you get it for Christmas or your Birthday which ever one is first:)
love Annette
That's such a pretty sampler that you've chosen! I had a hard time deciding which sampler I'd do, even thinking that I didn't want to commit to starting something new or doing a SAL. Then I remembered Jane Rees, my long suffering WIP, and a Scarlet Letter design. So--time to get that out and maybe I'll see it finished in 2013. Here's hoping for success for both of us!
The Hornbook Bestiary is on my wish list! lol! Love that one! Love your other choices too -- all are either in my to stitch pile or already stitched. :D Yay for joining in! It's going to be so much fun!
Nice choice! I am not too familiar with Scarlet Letter designs. Will look forward to following your progress. Happy stitching weekend--it is decorating for me and maybe a few stitches in the evening.
Judy heartland stitcher
Such hard choices!! I have the hornbook in my stash but am first stitching A Parrot, A Leopard, A Lion. I love ALL the samplers/charts and now have a huge list of "must-haves."
Lisa -- I joined too! So glad you are in too:)) I think it will be a great stitching year!
I like this one, too! Can't wait to see you stitching on it! I have several that I would like to finish up and start but haven't put into any order just yet. I do want to finish by Spanish Sampler as I love the colors in it. And I want to finish up my toys from the "Toy Chess" class piece. Then I want to start the Prarie Schoolar "Alphabet" on one piece. Guess, we'll see what I do. Also, need to finish up my "Flag" that I started two years ago and put down cause it's boring. But I do know it'll be pretty when it's done._
Really pretty choice, Lisa--I'm not doing the Scarlet Letter challenge, but look forward to watching all of your progress :)
Post a Comment