Wednesday, November 14, 2012

BAP Update November Edition

Started: 10/31/12
Finished: 11/11/12

As promised, here's the BAP update for November.  It's really starting to look like something now!  It's so hard for me to believe I've got one more "assignment" and this one will be complete.  I'm going to miss it.

November's "assignment"

This part is November's "assignment."  I did work ahead on the bottom border since I was on a roll with it.  It will save me time next month as my goal is to have this finished in time to show it off at the guild's Christmas party.

Lower right corner

I decided to stop just short of the corner since I really couldn't go any farther anyway.  I noticed on the big picture that all the corners are turned slightly differently so I have to wait until next month to see how this one goes.  It will be a snap to finish though.

Butterfly row

I also finally got to see the entire butterfly row finished!  As I've said, these butterflies and the dog were the two designs that drew me to this sampler.  They are so pretty!  I wish you could see them in person.

Completed bird

For all you bird lovers out there, here's a close up picture of the completed bird and part of that fantastic cabbage rose.  I didn't realize how much depth was in that rose until I'd finished stitching it and stood back from it.  I just love cabbage roses!

I'm not one to start things and just throw them to the side after a while.  No commitment issues here!  I just have to keep going on them.  I know I sound like a broken record but I really love this sampler and have from the very first stitch! I really am going to miss it when it is finished.

However, have no fear, I already have another one percolating in the wings.  I just have to choose which fabric I want to use and pull the threads.  So stay tuned dear readers because the fun is going to continue in 2013!

Well folks that's all I have for today!  I need to get crackin' on my last two ornaments and start seriously thinking about the upcoming holidays.  I hope your day is splendid!  Thanks for stopping by!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

15 comments:

Siobhán said...

Love that little bird! I love birds on samplers. Beautiful progress!

Erica said...

It's looking beautiful!
Can't wait to see it finished!

Mouse said...

oooooooooooooo its sooooo pretty ... love the butterflies and that rose as you say is lovely :)
fingers n paws crossed you get it done in time :) love mouse xxxxx

geeky Heather said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! And so close to being finished...how exciting.

Giovanna said...

It's absolutely gorgeous already - looking forward to seeing it finished.

Giovanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette-California said...

So very GORGEOUS. I love the borders and butterflies. I started stitching this SAL but only got part 1 3/4ths done. I love your sampler - Congrats on sticking with it thru the whole year:)
love Annette

Annie Beez said...

really beautiful! I love the butterflies and cabbage roses!I like your Wip-ocolypse idea and I'm thinking of stealing it for 2013 to get at least one of my baps done.

Vickie said...

Yes, the dog! I just admire him every time you show us! ;)

Margaret said...

This is such a pretty piece! And you're so close to being done! I know what you mean about missing it when you're done. I've loved watching your progress!

Judy said...

Nice,nice, nice! It is a beautiful sampler, I can see why you love it so. You'll be able to admire this one as you move onto the next one. Oh..holidays...how can it be?

Thanks for sharing,

Judy Heartland stitcher

carol fun said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the borders and all the motifs. I've really enjoyed seeing this piece develop.Can't wait to see what you'll be working on next year.

Fee said...

What a lovely piece! Well done and thanks for blogging about it, the colour palette is perfect, so muted, EMS is so good at that.

Fee

Carol said...

Oh, you're so close and it is looking so very lovely!! I can imagine you'll miss it when you're all finished...

Anne said...

What a stunning sampler! So close to being finished! Way to go Lisa!!