Friday, November 9, 2012

Blackbird Designs Exchange

Now that I know my exchange partner has received her package for the Blackbird Designs Exchange, I can show you what I sent to her! My partner was Mayte over at MagicXstitch.  This is the first time I've had Mayte as an exchange partner and it was fun to stitch for her.


Design: Summer Sachet from A Stitcher's Journey
Designer: Blackbird Designs
Fabric: 30 ct. Parchment
Floss:  CC & GAST as charted
Started: 10/19/12
Finished: 10/20/12
Completed: 10/20/12

I'm sure this looks familiar.  LOL!  I actually stitched and finished Mayte's piece first.  Then fell in love with it so I stitched myself one. Of course I couldn't tell you that when I posted about mine earlier. LOL!

I decided to do a "Carol" finish on it.  Yes, I've unofficially dubbed this the "Carol."  I can't take credit for coming up with this cute finish.  It's Carol who inspired me.  I dearly love her little pillows she makes and I thought Mayte would too!  I just love that stripe fabric and that pretty little piece of lace.


Just look at the two of them together!  Since I did hers first I stitched it the way it was charted.  When I was done I felt like it needed something so I backstitched my initials and the date on the right.  Then I still felt like it needed something so I attached the button.  I can't decide which version I like better.  They are both really cute!

Have you ever stitched something for an exchange only to fall in love with it and stitch another for yourself?  I know I've stitched some exchange pieces that I wish I'd kept but I didn't.  This time I couldn't help myself.  I just had to stitch it again!

I'm glad Mayte likes what I stitched for her.  Obviously I really enjoyed stitching it for her.  Thanks goes to LisaV for coordinating this exchange!  I can't wait to participate in the next round.  I truly do enjoy stitching for others and exchanging is a great way to share that love of stitching.

***

Well folks here we are at another weekend.  I hope everyone had a good week and will have the opportunity for some stitchy time this weekend!  Thanks so much for visiting with me today.


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

11 comments:

Annie Beez said...

I love it! Both! They are beautiful! I know Mayte' will love it!

Vickie said...

Very, very nice. =)
I stitched an ornament last year 4 times, all for family gifts. I love it and said I would make one for us this year. Haven't done it YET!!

Siobhán said...

What a great ornament! I know Mayté will love it. That Carol is pretty inspirational with her finishing, isn't she? :)

Have a great weekend!

Lisa V said...

Two lovely pillow finishes Lisa. I'm glad you enjoyed the exchange.

marly said...

Really nice. Perfect fabric choice and color for the finish.

Giovanna said...

Lovely exchange piece, and lovely clone of it - yes, I stitched a few exchanges or gifts which I would have really liked to keep, but I haven't got to reproducing any yet :-)

Peggy Lee said...

They both are lovely. I like the button addition. You did something different on the left side too I think. I know anyone would be thrilled to receive one of these!
I haven't taken part in an exchange yet. I am so afraid I won't be able to hold up my end of the deal. I guess I have commitment issues, huh?
:o)

Shirlee said...

Gorgeous!

Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

I'm the lucky owner of one of these gorgeous small pillows. The pictures don't do justice to their beauty!!

Thanks, Lisa, for a wonderful exchange :)

Lelia said...

Oh, how pretty! Job well done.

Carol said...

Both pillows are adorable, Lisa :) You crack me up with naming this after me, but I'm glad my little pillows inspire you as I've been inspired by so many wonderful stitchers from around the world!!