I am happy to report that the weekend brought much stitchy progress! Saturday I spent the day working on my second ornament while sitting in the lawn chair with Miss Shelby romping about the yard. Who would have imagined two weeks before Thanksgiving it was 70 degrees and sunny?!
Here it is ready for completion.
Here's the finished back!
Design: Britty Christmas Kitty (from 2005 JCS Ornaments)
Designer: Brittercup Designs
Fabric: 32 ct. Cream
Floss: DMC 3831, 3799, 729, 520, 3347
Started: 10/29/12
Finished: 11/11/12
Completed: 11/11/12
This is such a cute design. It reminds me of my Ace Kitty. I had him when I lived at home. This was such a fun stitch. It's charted as over one but I wasn't in the mood so I did mine over two. It finished into a perfect sized ornament.
I feel like I'm making progress now! Two down, two to go. I'm half way there now. I also finished my November BAP "assignment" last night. More on that later. It gets its own post.
***
My honey and I got sucked into watching "The Men Who Built America" series on the History Channel. They played all the episodes starting in the early afternoon. Needless to say I got lots of stitching done and a proper case of flat butt syndrome too.
The series told of how Cornelius
Vanderbilt, John D. Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie, J. P. Morgan, and Henry Ford
helped the country move into the industrial age after the Civil War. As a history buff, this series really captured my attention. It was hard to stitch during the good parts though! This caused a couple visits from the frog but nothing that wasn't quickly fixed!
***
Well folks, I hope you had a good stitchy weekend too. I've got a couple posts brewing for you this week. Tomorrow is TUSAL time again and of course you have to see the BAP! Things to look forward to. Have a great day!
More later
The Inspired Stitcher
10 comments:
Well done on the very cute ornament :-)
Cute finish. We have been watching that series also. Recorded the last one to watch today since we were both so tired & knew we would not make it through the whole show :-)
Beautiful ornament! That series you watched sounds interesting. Too bad I missed it.
Such a cute ornament! Sweet finish. :) That series sounds so interesting. I'll have to see if I can find it on our history channel. They play the same programs but not at the same time.
It's an adorable ornament! love the finish!! That history show sounds great. I love watching anything on the history channel!
Very cute ornament. I am already behind with ornaments this year. We watched that histoy chanel series as well--except for flipping to football every now and then. Looking forward to the BAP!
Judy heartland stitcher
very cute ornament, congrats!
Cute ornament Lisa.
Can't wait to your BAP progress.
Almost done!
Marilyn
Very cute finish, Lisa--I stitched this one and gave it to my sister who also had a black cat a few years ago.
That show was recommended to me, too--will have to see if I can find it online. It really does sound interesting, but, you're right--mindless TV is much easier to stitch to :)
A lovely ornament finish.
Post a Comment