Thursday, March 7, 2013

Progress Report

Since we are now three months into the year, I thought I'd give you all a progress report on my ongoing projects.  This will be a long picture filled post.  Let's get going!  First up, The Hornbook Bestiary by Scarlet Letter.

Progress as of 2/6/13

Progress as of 3/7/13

As you can tell I got on a roll with this one.  I don't know what it was but all of a suddent the over one stitching just clicked and I took off with it.  I found myself not wanting to put it down.  I worked on it for three days straight and got all of this done.  The bottom picture is the most true representation of the linen color.  Next up is the Quaker Scissor Pocket project.

Progress as of 1/24/13

Progress as of 3/7/13

I'm getting really close to a finish on this one.  This is my lunch time stitch.  I've pretty much only worked on it then.  I did add a tiny crown in the spot where the acorn was charted and I'm starting on the center motif now.  I decided to go with the over one design as charted.  Next I'll need to start looking for a lining fabric soon.  Next up is John Foster.

Progress as of 1/24/13

Progress as of 3/7/13

John is starting to look like something now.  We actually got to add some color this month and it really made a difference.  This is what I've been working on in the evenings this week.  Let's look at March's installment close up!


I adore the bee skep!  It's actually the main reason I bought this chart in the first place.  It just looks so realistic!  I love how my NPI conversion matches the DMC so well.  Gotta love those funky flowers too.  I like how this one is coming along as well.


Well folks, now you are all caught up on my progress as we enter the end of the first quarter of the year.  I'm pretty pleased with all the stitching that's been going on lately.  I feel like all three of my big projects are moving along nicely at this point and a finish is soon on the horizon too.

I hope you are making good progress on your projects as well.  Thanks for stopping by to visit with me today.  Have a good rest of the week.  I can see the weekend from here!


Until next time,

The Inspired Stitcher

14 comments:

Christie said...

All your stitching looks wonderful.

Giovanna said...

Your WIPs are gorgeous! I never realized that the Quaker medallions on the scissor pocket are filled with a lighter colour - that's a lot of stitching....

Unknown said...

Very neat! I loved looking...you are inspiring me!!

Margaret said...

I love all of your projects -- all are on my to-stitch list too. lol!

Bertie said...

Gorgeous stitching, love the honbook! The quaker scissors holder looks fabulous, striking colours;)

Laurie in Iowa said...

You've got wonderful projects in the works. I think I'm going to have to add John F. to my list of must stitch soon.

Nancy chattoraj said...

Love, love, love your projects. Nancy C.

Maggee said...

Thanks for sharing progress pics! Especially John Foster, who is in my to-be-stitched box right now. Who knows, I may pull him out this spring! Hugs!

xstitchatoz said...

You`ve got gorgeous WIPs and have made great progress with all of them, nice work!

KimM said...

Your stitching is absolutely gorgeous! I saw your blog on Lynn B's Linky Party. Please stop by my blog at wisdomwithneedleandthread.blogspot.com -
I'd be honored if you would become a follower.

I look forward to seeing more of your stitching projects!

Kind regards,
KimM

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Very fine progress! I think that flow comes from getting the eyes adjusted to the count and the tension just right.

Kate said...

Beautiful stitching. I'll have to look up John Foster now.
Are you interested in selling Quaker Scissors Pocket when you are finished?

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

It was so nice to meet you yesterday, Lisa! I hope you'll join our guild. There are a lot of talented women in the group (like you) and we'd love to have you.
Great progress on your WIPs. I love the angel and the JF piece are my favorites. I will stitch JF one of these days - I love the bee skep, too!

Nancy chatt said...

Love you finished Quaker pocket Nancy Chattoraj